Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2008, 05:50 PM

where do I put em!!!

Well the cottage is now on the market and today had a booking for first viewing, my dillema,, what do you do with three large hairy excitable dogs when viewing time arrives,
Think I will get OH to take two out for a walk and will just have to keep tabs on Mckenzy , should be fine if its a "doggie" person but what if its not LOL
Aw well we shall see how it goes fingers crossed

Huggles

B-eye
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Good luck.

If you start to find that only non-doggy people are viewing, you would could get your agent/solicitor to do the viewing and you and your OH take all the dogs out.

Mind you, you also have to make sure McKenzy or the others don't steal the limelight if they are there...last time I went to view a house they had a gorgeous choc lab... I spent more time fussing the dog than I did taking notice of the house!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 06:10 PM
can younot put him in the garden whilst they view the inside of the house? its what we did with china or if it was raining i held her (but she is only small..)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I put mine in the car on the drive, coz the agent refused to come round with people if they were free, she was scared stiff of them!!! That way I knew they were safe and out of the way and nobody could leave a gate open etc. etc.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Stick him up your jumper Jeanette (or give him to Tom or Ronnie on Friday and he can bring hiim up to me!!)
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Can just imagine Mc Kenzy in the back of the van on friday,,,you DO want an order i presume LOL dont think there would be much left by the time it got to you.
will just have to manage nice idea tho Lou
huggles
b-eye
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:11 PM
luckily we had a kennel at our old house so they went in there - or in the garden if they were ok with dogs etc....

if they were bad with dogs iid stick them in the car...
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
I can see your point, but remember they are looking at the cottage not the dogs.
If it was me i would put them in the garden, or get my mum to babysit @ her house.
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately we have no-one to babysit and if i put them in the garden , well at the moment it resembles a mud bath so would end up with three very muddy dogs not the best time to view a house anyway the garden is def not at its best
hey ho such is a "doggy" life LOL
huggles
b-eye
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I would try and have all 3 somewhere out of the way if at all possible. You may be in luck and find that they are doggy people and they may really take to your place, imagining their own dogs living there.

On the other hand, despite how friendly and well behaved your dogs may be, they may be terrified of dogs / hate dogs and they may not even want to look around because of it.

When we had our place on the market we had 3 valuations (when Max was at my dad's house) all 3 agents recommended that Max was not there when people looked round. We were fortunate that the first people to look around put in an offer. Dave took Max out and I showed them round. They saw his bowls and said how much they wished they had met him (this was not long after we rehomed him and he was still in the habit of pinning visitors to the wall and licking their faces. Not all that cute at 8 stone). I think it was lucky they didn't meet him or they may have done a runner!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >