Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2004, 06:05 PM

puppy kidnapping incident

Puppy Kidnapping Incident Under Investigation By Tulsa Police

Four men stole a Tulsa woman's puppy while she was taking it for a walk near 32nd and Irvington.

News on 6 crime reporter Lori Fullbright says she had only had the puppy for three weeks and this was the first time she ever walked it, so when the dog napping happened in broad daylight, the young woman was terrified.

Elissa is making copies of a reward poster for her now stolen 10-week old pit bull puppy. Her last dog had died, so Elissa bought Nina for $600 just a few weeks ago and was intent on training her to be a good, sweet dog. She decided to take Nina on her first walk around 5 PM on Tuesday and the unthinkable happened.

Four men in an older model, brown Cutlass approached her and wanted to pet Nina. "Yes, kid of petting her and asking if she's mean.” Lori Fullbright: "What did you say?" Elissa: "No, and I just kept walking."

Then one of the men wanted to walk the dog, that's when Elissa picked Nina up and started walking away faster. That's when the man grabbed the dog and took off. When the men ran toward the car, they didn't realize the leash was still attached to Elisa's arm so they pulled her into the car.

Screaming, she managed to get the leash off her wrist then the men kicked her out and took off with her puppy. "I was so scared. I was already crying and screaming I didn't know what to think."

Elissa's biggest fear is the men will turn her sweet puppy into a mean, biting, fighting dog. She's just so shocked someone would do this on the spur of the moment. The officer who took the police report says this is the first time he's heard of such a thing.

Elissa hopes someone will recognize Nina and turn the thieves in so she can have her puppy back.

If you have any information about this case, you can call Crimestoppers at 596-COPS. You don't have to give your name and if your tip leads to an arrest, you'll receive up to a thousand dollars in cash.

RESULT!

Christmas has come a little early for some Tulsa dog lovers. Their puppy was recently stolen, literally dog napped. But thanks to some quick thinking Channel 6 viewers, they have their puppy back.

Earlier this week, News on 6 anchor Lori Fullbright ran a story on dog napping in the Tulsa area. A woman says she was walking her dog in midtown Tulsa, when four men drove up, jumped out of the car, stole her dog, and drove off.

Thursday night, some young viewers who saw the story spotted the puppy near 81st and Memorial. Shae and Cameron Mortazavi recognized the dog and with the help of their dad tried to get the dog back to its owner. " I was very excited to see my kids do something like that and I rushed home and said let's call Channel 6 and let's see what we need to do to get it back to it's owner."

Boyfriend of the dog’s owner Drew Cantrell: "I'm just so happy to have her back, such a relief to us. We were so worried we weren't going to get her back. We're just

so happy to have her back now."

The dog was a little hungry, but other than that in good shape. Drew Cantrell told the News on 6, he was nervous the whole drive over to meet the Mortazavi's, because he didn't want it to be the wrong dog. When he saw the cropped ears, he knew it was her.

The 10-week old puppy's name is Nina and we're happy to report Nina is back with her original owners.

Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Happy ending, she was so lucky to get Nina back. Doesn't say who had the pup or if anybody's getting done for it................lets hope so.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2004, 06:12 PM
Wow that's a great story and am glad she got her puppy back
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-12-2004, 06:13 PM
a happy ending for the family
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2004, 08:05 PM
So glad she got her puppy back safe and sound
Nikki
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2004, 08:34 PM
What a nice happy ending
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2004, 08:43 PM
glad she got the pup back
awfmaster
New Member!

13-12-2004, 08:23 PM
Its terrible tht people do things like tht though init, a similar thing happened to me the other night when two guys came up behind me and tried takin my puppy luckily they didnt get away wiv her but its abd enought tht they tried.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2004, 02:43 PM
So scary, the poor puppy and its owners. I have been warned about dog-napping from people - what a horrible thought.