Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Google is also your friend, you could have found out who she was that way?
Yes, of course. Did not think of that... do not use Google much TBH.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Yes thanks DD - sorry didn't get back to you Myra. Events overtook me here.

Google? I couldn't do my job without it! I LIVE on Google!

(still hate Google+ tho!) thinks they are trying to take over not just my life but the planet I live on too!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 06:42 AM
It's all right, Tang. I dislike Google, and don't use search engines often at all. Often forget they are even there! Dislike Google +, as well. they have really screwed with YouTube something serious.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 07:01 AM
I can't dislike a 'search engine' well not unless it doesn't actually WORK! And along with most others - Google is my SE of choice. The phrase 'google it' has passed into the language now more or less replacing 'internet search'. You never hear anyone saying they 'MSN'd it' or 'Bing'd it'.

I'd be lost without Google! Even when I switch the TV on to movies I find it quicker to google the name of the film than to look it up in the programme listing! And use Google News for my news updates too as it is easy to switch twixt World and UK news and although I am interested in UK I live in 'the rest of the world'!

Google's my Home Page and has been for very many years.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 07:39 AM
I suppose I just don't use them enough to say I like them. Perhaps dislike wasn't the right word to use? I use Yahoo more than Google and Yahoo is my homepage. Mostly because of mail. I use Yahoo! mail more than Gmail.

Don't use the search engines unless I am looking for something very specific. Am not a "worldly" person so rarely use it just because. Oh, well! Just sometimes need a reminder that they are there... which DD gave me.

P.S.
Did not even Google this person, and still have no idea who she is/was. Simply couldn't be bothered enough to Google it. Might get around to it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Has now been confirmed (as many suspected) that Heroin contributed to this young lady's death.

Peaches Geldof died after taking heroin, an inquest in Gravesend, Kent, has been told.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...ok-heroin.html
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Read that myself this morning, silly, silly girl. Her children have lost their mother because of her stupidity, talk about history repeating itself There is a suggestion of 'drugs paraphanalia' being moved prior to the police arriving now as well. Why bother taking any of this sort of stuff anyway and risk losing your own life and leaving your kids motherless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Doing drugs while in the sole charge of your 11 month old baby doesn't say 'responsible mother' to me. I know we should not 'speak ill of the dead' but I disagree with the almost automatic sainthood bestowed on some of these celebrities after death when they've caused their own death.

As for all the 'accidental overdoses' well what's that then? You know they CAN kill but do it anyway. You just intended to get really high and incapable, not dead?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Has now been confirmed (as many suspected) that Heroin contributed to this young lady's death.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...ok-heroin.html
Yes heard that earlier, another young person losing their life to drugs .......... so sad!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Doing drugs while in the sole charge of your 11 month old baby doesn't say 'responsible mother' to me. I know we should not 'speak ill of the dead' but I disagree with the almost automatic sainthood bestowed on some of these celebrities after death when they've caused their own death.

As for all the 'accidental overdoses' well what's that then? You know they CAN kill but do it anyway. You just intended to get really high and incapable, not dead?

I agree to a point tang, but sadly when you are hooked on drugs it takes over your life, I know we can say , you should not do it and so on, but the reality of drug addiction tells a different story.

To many people lose their life to this horrible horrible habit, I can say serve them right and they knew what they were doing, but it goes far deeper than that.

Young children left without a mother who loved them ( I don't doubt she did ) because she needed drugs.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >