Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 01:13 PM

Book recommendations please :)

Hi, everyone. So I have been on this site a long, long time.

I LOVEEEE books and I thought...

"HEY!! People from the UK are very interesting, so perhaps books written by people from the UK are also very interesting!!"

So on that note, I went and I bought....

It cost me almost $30 and it is SUCH an awesome book. One of the best I have ever read, actually. Apparently, the author is British... from what I read.

I shall NOT be buying the hardcover again (too expensive), but I really want another one of her books... perhaps "Where memories lie" which is on the front of this book.

Does anybody read her books? Any book in particular stand out to you?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Myra,there's a book club thread might be better if you tag onto that,titles and author recommendations already on it
I never buy a book,download them onto iPad,so handy.
Will be interested to hear your opinion on yours
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Myra,there's a book club thread might be better if you tag onto that,titles and author recommendations already on it
I never buy a book,download them onto iPad,so handy.
Will be interested to hear your opinion on yours
Thank you Lacey. I don't have an iPad. Also, despite my age of 24... I am very old fashioned and I so love a well stacked bookshelf.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Thank you Lacey. I don't have an iPad. Also, despite my age of 24... I am very old fashioned and I so love a well stacked bookshelf.
I do too Thing is I'm 45 and the book collection took up the spare bedroom!! Have sorted through it,left most into charity shops,give friends some.i do love the feel of a book,the smell of the old one's Takes me two days tops to read a book so download works well for me
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2014, 02:22 PM
I don't think anything can compare with a 'real' book to hold. My trouble is that I find it very difficult to part with them - even if they're not very good so I've got more than I know what to do with.

I've never come across Deborah Crombie so I've just checked her out on Amazon - she seems to have written loads, all very popular. Have you ever come across Ann Cleeves?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
I don't think anything can compare with a 'real' book to hold. My trouble is that I find it very difficult to part with them - even if they're not very good so I've got more than I know what to do with.

I've never come across Deborah Crombie so I've just checked her out on Amazon - she seems to have written loads, all very popular. Have you ever come across Ann Cleeves?
Other thing I forgot to mention....save a fortune In Eason's the other day the book I was after was £10.99,downloaded it for £1.99 It certainly has advantages
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I've got over 900 books on my kindle ( read them on iPad though) imagine how much room they would take up & nearly all of them have been free or very cheap.