View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2009, 08:05 PM
How long has he been on that food and does he chew it? You may want to try a larger kibble or even a product such as Science Diet T/D. If the vet is against cleaning the teeth, did he have any ideas?
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2009, 08:15 PM
its worse for the dog to have tartar build up so bad he gets gum disease and loses the teeth. I would have them cleaned then begin a maintenence program of brushing and chewing. The fact that he has an underbite means he's going to have ongoing problems with this because he teeth don't properly allign, so chewing alone probably won't solve all his problems.
fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Spoke to vet today and scrappy had a professional clean when he was neutered last year. He said that putting such a small dog under again so soon is pretty dangerous as they dont react well to anaesthetic.

Am going to try a product called plaque off as well as all of the above products and suggestions.

Thanks guys.

Hopefully one step closer to rehoming him
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi I use Plaque off for my rescue greyhound who are known to have poor teeth due to soaked food they feed in kennels. She has dry kibble mixed with some tinned food and raw chicken wing a day or dentastix/bones. I have seen a definite inprovement using the Plaque Off. good luck x
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Jessie had this when I first got her - less than four weeks ago but I started her on bones straight away and her teeth are practically pearly white now! I appreciate not everyone wants to give bones though but Dentastix are good plus all the other stuff that's been mentioned.

Ruthie
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2