Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
roxy13
New Member!
Female 

22-11-2009, 10:46 PM

Whats this yellow spot??

I have just noticed a small what looks like yellow pus filled spot on my 9 week old cocker spaniels belly.
Any ideas what it could be??
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi Melanie is there just the one spot and how big is it?
It sounds like a small eruption which has become infected, like humans dogs get this sort of thing too.

I would bathe it in a mild saline solution (teaspoon of salt to a pint of boiled water allowed to cool) keep an eye on it and if it causes any concern see a vet
roxy13
New Member!
Female 

22-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Its slightly larger than a pin head. Will the bathing help? Will it burst?? We are off to the vets on Saturday for her 2nd injection so was unsure of i could leave it till then?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by roxy13 View Post
Its slightly larger than a pin head. Will the bathing help? Will it burst?? We are off to the vets on Saturday for her 2nd injection so was unsure of i could leave it till then?
Hi Melanie I don't think it will burst, it will probably just dry up.
Puppies often get little spots (more so with dogs than bitches because they pee on their tummies and this can cause an irritation).

If there is only one tiny spot and not a rash I personally wouldn't be too worried about it. If it gets bigger/looks angry/worries you in any way see the vet but I think is will be ok until Saturday
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2009, 11:55 AM
One of my pups (also cocker's) went off to their new home, a couple of weeks later phoned to explain exactly what you are saying, his vet told him it was puppy acne, I told him to bath it with Hibiscrub and to put Sudocrem on it, it cleared up in a couple of days.