Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 10:23 AM

Managed to convince the OH to feed raw

finally, after talking to him about raw feeding (i love talking about what dogs eat ) hes finally decided to take the switch to say im pleased is an understatement.

it started because his mum wanted £12 a week extra off him as she was feeding the dog and buying the food. fair enough, but not when she only feeds butchers tins.

so he asked me how much it cost me to feed mine, and was pleased with the price and he knows the food is better. i always felt bad when feeding my dogs at his as his dog would look so excited when he saw what my dogs were getting, and then look at you with big brown eyes when he all he got was his brown mush in his bowl

so we are starting on raw on monday we are going for the total switch straight away method, i did it with mine, and mutley eats anything and everything so i dont think hes going to very sensitive.

i already hold great hopes for him being on raw, im sure he will get alot more energy and be more animated and focused than what he is now. ive waited ages to get my hands on this dog

so ive drawn him up a diet plan of what i feed my two in a week. with the ammount of food he needs. hes now taking it upon himself and his dog will be fed first thing in the morning when the OH wakes up (half 6/7) and fed again when he returns from work. now all i need to do is kick is bum into touch with training, and i think the dog will be alot happier
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Ah, that's wonderful. Another happy dog to be.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Well done!!
I think dogs that eat bits of everything seem OK switched over cold - Mia was a stray and my friends dog gets bits of everything and both them went straight no problem

But my friends dog who has been kibble all her life got a v squitty bum from one chicken wing
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 07:59 PM
thanks guys feel like ive had a break through with him. its so hard to convince the OH to do something with his dog it drives me mad! only just convinced him to get the dog a proper collar dont get me wrong he loves his dog to pieces, but his mum and dad never set a good example in dog ownership, so alot of the basic things he seems to think he doesnt have to bother with!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh, lucky Mutley