Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2010, 02:14 PM

URGENT: Good kennels in East Lothian?

Right, I am heading back to my parents for 10 days before joining Mike in London and as they have 2 (rather elderly) cats my dad doesn't want Kia there for too long, so I'm thinking of putting Kia into kennels for 7 days .

I've never done this before and I really don't want to but I do need to think of the cats welfare...

So, does anyone have any kennels in the East Lothian area (nr Haddington preferably) that they can recommend? I am considering the Edinburgh Dog and Cat home but I'd rather she was closer...

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Sarah xoxox
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
This isn't a recommendation, as I have never used a boarding kennel, but it might be worth calling and going for a look.

I know about it, as I often walk my dogs in the woods behind the kennels.

Cricklecreek Kennels
East Saltoun
EH34 5EG

Tel: 01875 340229
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
This isn't a recommendation, as I have never used a boarding kennel, but it might be worth calling and going for a look.

I know about it, as I often walk my dogs in the woods behind the kennels.

Cricklecreek Kennels
East Saltoun
EH34 5EG

Tel: 01875 340229
Thanks Moobli, I will give them a call! Its a lot closer than the D&C home! I hate to have to put her in kennels but all my friends are in the middle of exams (like me!) so would feel bad asking them to take her on. Stoopid cats!

Sarah xoxox
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi!

We went to see cricklecreek before and the kennels were ok but the dogs don't get out for walks much, they said about 15 mins on lead per day. Hamish stayed in Myreside Kennels just before Dunbar, couldn't recommend them highly enough. They have their own paddock and fenced in woodland bit. Plenty of time out running and playing and the kennels are really nice. If you put Myreside Dunbar into google it should come up.

The cat and dog home boarding kennels made me cry when we went to see them as all the dogslooked upset and distressed.

Dee xx
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
If I was still at home in Scotland, she could've come to stay with us, I live just outside Lauder, but I'm down south now in Swindon!

Will try and get in touch with the doggy people I know near me, and see if they can recommend anything!

x
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the tip Dee! I have left a message with Myreside so hopefully they'll get back to me! I looked at the reviews and everyone seems to like them. Cross your fingers for me that they can help!

And let me know if you hear anything Sarah, I'm going to keep looking in-case Myreside can't help.

She can stay at my parents but my dad is just a bit panicky that the older cat might not cope with her arrival. Which I totally understand!

Sarah xoxox
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 05:05 PM
How about this if you don't fancy kennels, I know a few people who use Barking Mad. They might well have hosts in your area:

http://www.barkingmad.uk.com

Don't blame you not wanting to put your dog in to kennels.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks Westie_N, that looks like an option! Its just for a few days but I feel awful leaving her . We move down on the 15th so its just between the 6th and then really. If the cats were a bit younger then it wouldn't have been such an issue but Scampi is 12 and really showing her age atm so we don't want to put her through too much stress!

Sarah xoxox
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Deedee1321 View Post
Hi!

We went to see cricklecreek before and the kennels were ok but the dogs don't get out for walks much, they said about 15 mins on lead per day. Hamish stayed in Myreside Kennels just before Dunbar, couldn't recommend them highly enough. They have their own paddock and fenced in woodland bit. Plenty of time out running and playing and the kennels are really nice. If you put Myreside Dunbar into google it should come up.

The cat and dog home boarding kennels made me cry when we went to see them as all the dogslooked upset and distressed.

Dee xx
The Dunbar one sounds really good.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah & Mike View Post
Thanks Westie_N, that looks like an option! Its just for a few days but I feel awful leaving her . We move down on the 15th so its just between the 6th and then really. If the cats were a bit younger then it wouldn't have been such an issue but Scampi is 12 and really showing her age atm so we don't want to put her through too much stress!

Sarah xoxox
I understand that. My dogs have only recently started going on holiday with their gran and granpa because the relatives they go to had a cat. Both my dogs are fine with cats, no problems, but the cat was really old and on it's road out so it wasn't fair to stress her out.

I like the idea of Barking Mad. It certainly seems like a home from home and hopefully wouldn't cause as much stress to a dog as a kennel might if the dog isn't used to a kennel environment. And if it's only for a few days and a one off it shouldn't be too expensive.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >