Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2004, 12:50 AM

Swollen throat, part the second

Some of you may remember a post I made last week (?) about Snorri having a swollen throat. It settled down, but has come back . Last night, he was snoring even more than usual, so today, off he went to the vet.

Apparently, he has a blocked salivary gland, probably the result of "external trauma". Also, the poor little lad was running a temperature of 103 (supposed to be 101.5 apparently), so he has another course of pills for a week, antibiotic (cephalexin, for those who like to know such things!). We are assured that it is not serious (phew!) but the vet said it may take some weeks to go down

Anyway, we gave some thought to the words "external trauma", which seemed to us to equate rather well with "getting beaten up by big brother". So, when we got home, we put Kali on trial - and he's very lucky he lives in Scotland, because we have a third verdict here that is not available to juries in England and Wales - "Not proven"!

Scottish defence lawyers will tell you that this is as good as "Not guilty", but what it really means is "We know damn well you did it, we just can't prove it!"

So, Kali, look out - we'll be watching you!

Snorri
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2004, 12:58 AM
poor old Snorri , hope he is better soon don't be too hard on Kali, he may be innocent after all
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
don't be too hard on Kali, he may be innocent after all
The benefit to the criminal of a "Not proven" verdict is that he gets off with it!

Snorri
Carole
Supervisor

03-12-2004, 06:26 AM
poor Snorri, hope he feels better soon
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 07:40 AM
Sorry to hear about the sore Snoiri snout, hope it improves soon. Are you sure about the trial, could not the snoring one have run into something unaided. How you keeping Duggie. well I hope.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Hope Snorri is better soon
as Thordell said though he could have just bumped himself but its best to be carefull incase not
I was quite worried about Benji hurting Kira when playing when I first got her because she was so small ,but now its usally Kira who hurts Benji even though she is less than half his size !
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2004, 03:00 PM
We're about 99.999% sure it was big-brother-inflicted - Snorri gets beaten-up far more than we'd like, although it's not that frequent. Kali may be nearer 11 than 10, but he's not prepared to "hand over power" yet, and he likes poor Snorri to know it!

When we do see a squabble, I have to try to stand on one leg and use my walking-stick to give Kali an alternative target, without actually hitting him with it

Snorri-dog is otherwise fine - no sign of feeling "off" at all.

Snorri
(Bl**dy dogs!)
Annestaff
Supervisor

03-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Glad everything turned out OK and everyones fine
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2004, 04:12 PM
poor snorri give him a kiss from me