Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 11:19 PM

Food Shopping - Where do you shop ?

Our two local stores are Co-op and Somerfield, which we use normally just to top up or for emergencies.

Main shopping is Sainsbury's, sometimes Tesco and if we want something special we may go to M & S.

Decided to go into Waitrose today, after being told by a few friends and recent adverts on TV that they are good.

Lovely layout, clean, and superb selection of fresh produce. We went to the meat counter and OH loves beef, so we chose a rib, and without any asking the assistant said she would reduce it!! as it was not red.... Half Price.....
It was the best beef we had eaten in sometime.

Loved the shop.... what are your favourite food shops ?
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 11:27 PM
M & S when really looking for a treat, but regular shop is Asda or Tesco. But love Sainsburys. Co-op is my local but hate it.
To be honest I wish it was like the olden days when you went to local shop to shop, I go home to my family in Manchester and see the changes more because of what the supermarkets have done. Every Saturday was me & my mum going to the greengrocer, baker, post office for my bunty, then we went into town shopping. Im reminicing now...... soz.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 11:32 PM
We go to Tescos because its only about 2 miles down the road from us. I like Asda too but thats about 4 miles away and I spend too much when I go there. I hate the Coop because the prices are ridiculous and the one in Saddleworth is top price just because its in Saddleworth - so wouldn't buy anything from there.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 11:45 PM
I really used to promote the locals, especially the butcher's and greengrocers, but they have all disappeared now

I remember going to individual shops a few years back and it was a pleasure to go shopping then.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Used to be Sainsbury's for me, but they have gone downhill so much that I now shop at Tesco. I still pop in Sainsbury's now and again, only to be disappointed
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 06:07 AM
asda mainly cos they have built one locally and everyone shops there. the local tescos is horrid and has gone down since asda arrived.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Tesco for the main things, as it's literally 2 mins away.
Lidl for fruit and veg, as it's better than any other shop, cheap, and lasts ages!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Tesco usually, but occasionally Sainsbury's, out Asda is miles away - Love M&S food but they are closing our store(that'll teach me for complaining!)
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Tesco for me it is only down the road so very convenient although I must admit I do enjoy Asda they have some great offers on hand I mainly get my fruit and Veg from the Market every week and fresh meat for the girls from my friendly Butcher
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 07:55 AM
meat is from our local butcher (and he always throws in a chop or bone for china!)
other than that its sainsbury's

we have Sainsburys, morrisins and asds all local to us but Morrisons is terrible quality, asda we went to for about 1.5yrs until we realised, the food just wasnt that good anymore. We now go to sainsburys and we spend a lot less there (mainly coz theres fewer clothes and shoes!!!) but also the food is such better qualirt and they have better selection of fruit and veg and there spinach and ricotta cannelloni is amazing!!! and only 4.5 points!!!!!!

alex
xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >