Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jason
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-06-2006, 03:45 PM

What do i need to know and

Hi.. I keep being told that my rottie Nero is a good looking dog, so me being a man i thought i could maybe stud him. The only thing is i have absolutly no idea where to start, if Nero is suitable and all the other things that go with it. Please could anyone point me in the right direction.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

27-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi Jason

There are a lot of things to think about, and this article really is a very good eye opener: http://www.dogweb.co.uk/dog-articles.php?t=12589

One of the best reasons to stud a dog is if it has proved itself on the show circuit - ie is a very very good example of it's breed

Be aware though that studding a dog can change it's personality, and youhave a brilliant one there in Nero... personally I'd want to treasure that and not risk it getting changed
jason
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks for your reply eraze..and i will read the post. thanks
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

28-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Your welcome - it's a real eye opener that one.

There's no surprise it's our most read article!
jason
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, read it and most of the stuff in it is common sense, well to a person who loves animals any way....... OK Nero has never won any prizes and never will as he is and always be part of the family not a thing to display.... But he has show winning blood and a good pedigree. yep the thought of him changing does worry me, but howling in the night and getting out of the garden dont worry me as it wont happen, that i know. The money.... well i am more interested in bringing more dogs like Nero into the world. Like i asked, i am after more indepth information on studing, breeding and looking after the pups.