View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Misty attracts attention, mostly because she sniffs everyone! When I meet other people walking springers and cockers, they normally stop and ask me about her. The springer owners ask if shes a cocker and the cocker owners asks if shes a springer! And they always seem quite surprised when I tell them shes a cross between a springer and a cocker! It boogles the mind!!

I've never really been out in public with the others, on shoot days everyone comments on Hamish! Usually it's 'He's a good looking dog', 'he's quite a size', and at the end of a shoot day 'he's a a few sandwiches short of a picnic,' or 'what a personality he's got'
Gracie gets the occasional comment on a shoot day, mostly about her being nice looking and how nervous she can be.

Sarah xx
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Mouse gets a lot of attention. The attention she gets is 50/50. The usual negative is 'oh its a rat'. bla bla bla heard it all before. The positive is usually how friendly she that she is & unfazed by big dogs she is. I am really wary of overly friendly people because it would be very easy to pick her up & whisk her away under a coat...but I know she wouldn't go off with anyone without being stolen.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't get too much good attention with Jess, but the odd person who does approach her are generally dog savvy good peeps.

It's a good job Jess is good with people as we were sat on a bridge at the park the other day and a random kid walked from behind her and just tapped her on the head... idiot.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Willow usually gets a fair amount of attention........people usually trying to guess what "breed " she is they ask me, i say "i have no idea, she's a heinz 57" but they always try to guess anyway The best one was a woman in the vets said to me "what is she" so i said, she's a bitsa she said "oh i've never heard of that breed before" I nearly PMSL

With Skye, i get people say "oh thats definitely got border collie in it " Nooooo she is a full Border Collie "why are her ears stickin up then must have alsation in it no numpty, just a prick eared BC
They both also get called boys all the time they're too pretty to be boys

Jann
xxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Fudge gets loads. I think because of her unusual markings. we always get stopped at country fairs etc.....She doesn't mind one bit and loves the fuss.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I get told what a lovely head mine has. I guess that is a good thing!

Never had anything negative said, although people have crossed the road from us. Usually mothers with babies in buggies; they should fear my killer Labrador!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 09:17 PM
ben gets alot of attention cause hes a bit of a pretty boy. he has dark lines around his eyes. (looks like eyeliner lol)
but hes made lots of friends.
if im out without ben no-one will talk to me.dont think they recognise me lol
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Tilly gets loads of attention firstly because she's a pup - small & cute and now coz she's getting bigger & is ever so pretty & very friendly & well behaved when out.
She's often doing her collie "thing" and getting commented "ooo she's a collie" and wants to play with every dog she sees.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Moxie gets loads of attention because she is so unusual. People always want to know what kind she is, they always think she is an Australian Shepherd, then I explain no she is an Australian cattle dog cross, they think thats the same breed. So I say she's a blue heeler cross and they don't realize thats the same thing.

I do occassionally get people wanting pups off of her. I just smile and tell them she is spayed but I got her from a shelter so I'm sure they could find a great dog there too.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2009, 02:22 AM
It never ends. Tux is a 9 month old Golden Retriever. We are raising him for an assistance dog school. He has a service dog tag and a jacket. No public place has to let us in, but they are allowed to and most do. Even where there are people with pets, people are drawn to a friendly Golden with his jacket. The school has changed the rules, and we are no longer allowed to let people pet him. This is especially tough with people we have know for a long time and they are used to petting Tux and the other 18 puppies we have raised.

Raising puppies has drawn us into other activities including a service club. We live in a fairly small town, and it is just expected we will be there with our puppy for many civic events.

Next month we will be taking him to a wedding, a family reunion, and a high school class reunion, all out of town with extensive travel.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »