View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:06 AM

Looks like T.V has given up the ghost...

No T.V this morning. The power light has gone off and will not turn on. Despite my hopeful attempts of plugging in and out and changing sockets it seems to have given up. the really annoying hting is that it is only a fairly new t.v. Unfortunately I have a horrible feeling that it is just over a year old!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Have you checked the fuse, Rachel?
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:09 AM
That's what I was about to sugest, has the fuse blown, it's worth a try
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Where on earth will that be? In the plug or the t.v?
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Oh no - check your receipt. Personally I would say that even if it is over the year old, there is no way it should break after such a short period and therefore was not fit for purpose, so back to the shop!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Ok, I changed the fuse in the plug and still dead.......
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Woooooooooo errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr looks like your making your own entertainment then
Get onto them ....maybe they will get you another one.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:27 AM
OH is away till Thursday night so it looks like we will be sitting around the little set in the other room.....I could just do without this right now.....anxiety levels rising off to take my tablet...... then off to agility with my bag of freshly cooked liver treats....
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-06-2008, 08:31 AM
In the sales of goods act products must last a "reasonable amount of time" so I am guessing just over a year is not that. There is a EU ruling regarding a 2yr warranty period but like most EU stuff its a grey area.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
OH is away till Thursday night so it looks like we will be sitting around the little set in the other room.....I could just do without this right now.....anxiety levels rising off to take my tablet...... then off to agility with my bag of freshly cooked liver treats....
Oh I know - I know it is only a TV, but it is just the pure hassle of having to sort out either a replacement or getting it fixed.

I have had two LCDs break within a few months of getting them and so well within warranty - but you have to call a call centre, then book a TV engineer, wait in for him, then he tells me that they are beyond repair (dead pixels!!) and then you have to lug it back to the shop, where you stand din a mega-queue to be cross-examined by some spotty youth about why you have brought it back ... All for something that is not your fault - you've paid a not insubstantial amount of money and all you get is a load of grief for their bad workmanship. Ggggrrrrrr .
As you can tell this sort of thing gets my goat ....

Hope you can get it sorted.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >