Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 05:28 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Wednesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Bit of a misty one here, but they've promised us another day of wall to wall sunshine, should be getting up to 20 deg when this mist has burnt off (or so they SAY, but then, they have sometimes been known to get it wrong ). Hope you get the same today.

Sorry, but I can't remember much of what's going on with who or their doglets atm, but I hope Taff and Amber are much better today as I do remember them being poorly yesterday. More positive vibes for your sister again Lynn and for getting those viewings on the move. Bev, hope that headache has finally gone and if not, then you must get something done about it. Pat, hope that heel is on the mend and not as painful, and June I hope you managed some sleep without turning it all over in your mind.

I think I'll just go over into our woods this morning cos the bluebells might be appearing and as it's been so dry we can stay clean. If I go up on the top it'll be very misty and it's just not the same without seeing that view.

I'm off to B&Q for some bits for finishing off, and I'm going to buy a cheap Flymo cos I now have 3 lawns to mow. My neighbour's son does the front for me cos that's the posh bit, but the back is very embarrassing with Zena's wee patches, they've turned all brown and crusty and I'm slapping strips of turf down here and there and he'd just suck em all up with his mower, so I'll do that one myself. The bloke who did the caravan lawn last year is the same guy who fitted the bathroom suite up there, so you can imagine how he mows the lawn lol! I hope it's light cos I'm getting too old to be dragging a heavy mower around up hill and maybe I should spend a bit more and get one that will pull me up the hill!

Hope everyone else is ok along with the doglets today, and we'd better make the most of this sunshine cos it's all downhill again Friday.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Morning H and all

It's misty here too H, yesterday was too hot and I had to come in at about 2.30! I was battling a huge hedge with a pair of shears.

I am hoping to reconnect a cable in the caravan today, I bought all of the bits ages ago was just waiting for some warm dry weather. This time I will try to not let it drag on the road, wasn't worried before as it is the internal car to caravan lead which I didn't need but my new towbar is geared up for it so might as well use it.

I am taking my cousin out this afternoon he wants to buy DVD's then I will take him to the park to see the new art exhibition and to have tea and cakes.

Enjoy your walk H, it's much better in the woods now that the mud has dried out.

Have a good day all
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Morning Gerry

Good luck with the fitting of the cable, and no, you're not supposed to have let it drag along the road, you're supposed to wrap it around the metal bit that hooks onto the car lol! Enjoy your afternoon out with your cousin, I hope he's a lot better now and back to normal.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Morning Helena, morning Gerri and everyone.

Enjoy your walk today Helena the woods sounds lovely especially if the bluebells are out.
I think you can get some lightweight flymo's but they might be the small ones and not sure if they have the grass collecting boxes if that's what you want.

Gerri your afternoon out sounds nice the tea and cakes and the art exhibition sound the best bit.

As Chris would say same old same old for Dillon and myself today.
I am sorely tempted to take Dillon on the field as the wound on his toe is doing so well and he needs a good run and a play if we met some of his friends but then I would be worrying if he hared around and knocked the toe we would be back to square one.
The vet did say lead walks for another two weeks when she signed him off last Tuesday. So that's not till next week. Its the wound on the toe which is what she wants us to wait for not the castration wound.
Oh well road walks for another week it is then.
You wait it will rain next week after Tuesday.
This is my third attempt at getting this post out it kept getting lost.

Have a nice and safe Tuesday everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning H and all,

Still got the headache despite taking what the doctor gave me and upping the heart pills as he said. Its really wearing me down now and I feel quite out of sorts. I have also felt very very tired and been resting and not going to work.

I managed to get Lily's wee sample this morning so have to drive the 40 mile round trip to drop it off to the vets, I hate that drive as 99% of it is on A12 and A14 the two roads I hate the most.
When I get back I really have to go and get Lily some food as she will run out today otherwise and then I will rest this afternoon, although I do have another removal firm coming round to give me a quote at 2pm.

Lynn you have come so far with Dillons foot I don't think its worth going against the vets advice for the sake of a week which will soon pass. Feet problems are such a pain arn't they. My goodness I had enough of them with poor Kyiro, he wasn't even allowed a short lead walk for months.

Gerry enjoy your tea and cakes.

I got a cheap flymo from B&Q a couple of years ago and it has a grass box. Its lightweight but not actual flymo make. Its really good though and does the job quickly and easily. Hope you find one H.

Enjoy your day all its going to be another nice one out there today. They are saying its going to get colder at the weekend again though.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 06:40 AM
Goodmorning everyone, I am awaiting the ambulance to pick me up to take me to the eye clinic at Orsett Hospital. Not sure what time they will come for me. Depends if they are picking up others on the way. My appointment is at 9.15 I hope I shall not be kept there all morning as I want to get back to Amber as quickly as I can. It is rare that I leave her on her own and certainly not for several hours.

Have a good day everyone. God bless. Moyra
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Morning Helena, Lynn, Moet, Moyra, Bev and fellow members,

A beautiful sunny, blue-skied morning - what more can one ask for a after the horrid winter we've had? My oldest son stayed last night but must have arrived well after midnight. He appeared at 7.15 this morning to grab some breakfast before leaving for work (a few miles away) . He had an 8 o'clock start so it meant he could have lie in if he stayed here.

Our neighbours' son is getting married the weekend after next and it is clearly going to be a massive affair. At 07.10 am a lorry arrived to deliver scaffolding (?) which by the sounds of things was being thrown off the lorry ...... looks like the entire neighbourhood will have also been away by 7.15

Helena - You may want to consider a flymo with a grass box otherwise you vans will get full of grass! Enjoy your walk in the woods with Zena. Once your mist burns off, I think you too will be in for a scorcher (compared to what we've had).

Lynn - enjoy your walk - a week isn't long to wait after all your hard work nursing Dillon's paw.

Moet - I hope you get everything done today - a lot on again! Hopefully you dog that was being sick is OK now.

Bev - Good luck with the journey to the vets at least you have nice weather conditions. I do so hope that wretched headache of yours would go - you poor thing ((hugs)).

Moyra - I hope you don't get delayed too long at the hospital and everything runs smoothly. Good luck.

I hope all poorly dogs and owners are feeling better today.
See you all later.

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Enjoy your walk today Helena the woods sounds lovely especially if the bluebells are out.
I think you can get some lightweight flymo's but they might be the small ones and not sure if they have the grass collecting boxes if that's what you want.

Gerri your afternoon out sounds nice the tea and cakes and the art exhibition sound the best bit.

I am sorely tempted to take Dillon on the field as the wound on his toe is doing so well and he needs a good run and a play if we met some of his friends but then I would be worrying if he hared around and knocked the toe we would be back to square one.
The vet did say lead walks for another two weeks when she signed him off last Tuesday. So that's not till next week. Its the wound on the toe which is what she wants us to wait for not the castration wound.

Morning Lynn, yes I would also stick to the vet's advice there, otherwise you'll kick yourself if it all flares up again and blame yourself. Such a shame though when you can enjoy all this nice weather and take him much further. Mind you he went for a nice, long one the other day didn't he when he kept you awake all night, so maybe keep him on a long line or something, just to stop him going manic. Good luck with whatever you do Lynn, and good luck on the house front too.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

Still got the headache despite taking what the doctor gave me and upping the heart pills as he said. Its really wearing me down now and I feel quite out of sorts. I have also felt very very tired and been resting and not going to work.

I managed to get Lily's wee sample this morning so have to drive the 40 mile round trip to drop it off to the vets, I hate that drive as 99% of it is on A12 and A14 the two roads I hate the most.
When I get back I really have to go and get Lily some food as she will run out today otherwise and then I will rest this afternoon, although I do have another removal firm coming round to give me a quote at 2pm.

Lynn you have come so far with Dillons foot I don't think its worth going against the vets advice for the sake of a week which will soon pass. Feet problems are such a pain arn't they. My goodness I had enough of them with poor Kyiro, he wasn't even allowed a short lead walk for months.

I got a cheap flymo from B&Q a couple of years ago and it has a grass box. Its lightweight but not actual flymo make. Its really good though and does the job quickly and easily. Hope you find one H.

Enjoy your day all its going to be another nice one out there today. They are saying its going to get colder at the weekend again though.
Morning Bev, I don't like the sound of you, especially with all the tiredness and lethargy, maybe you need some more tests Bev. What are those heart pills that he can up them like that? If I took 2 of mine together I'd be dead, cos I did it one night and had to ring the ambulance telling them what I'd done and they said it was an o/d and could go one of two ways, my heart would race (which it did) or it would stop, which thankfully it didn't lol! You get yourself sorted Bev and take care, have a safe journey with Lily.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Goodmorning everyone, I am awaiting the ambulance to pick me up to take me to the eye clinic at Orsett Hospital. Not sure what time they will come for me. Depends if they are picking up others on the way. My appointment is at 9.15 I hope I shall not be kept there all morning as I want to get back to Amber as quickly as I can. It is rare that I leave her on her own and certainly not for several hours.

Morning Moyra, hope Amber is ok this morning, especially as you're going to have to leave her, but let's hope that appointment is over with quickly and you can get back home to her. The only thing that will hold you up is that transport! Good luck with the eye tests whatever is involved for you.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post

A beautiful sunny, blue-skied morning - what more can one ask for a after the horrid winter we've had? My oldest son stayed last night but must have arrived well after midnight. He appeared at 7.15 this morning to grab some breakfast before leaving for work (a few miles away) . He had an 8 o'clock start so it meant he could have lie in if he stayed here.

Our neighbours' son is getting married the weekend after next and it is clearly going to be a massive affair. At 07.10 am a lorry arrived to deliver scaffolding (?) which by the sounds of things was being thrown off the lorry ...... looks like the entire neighbourhood will have also been away by 7.15

Helena - You may want to consider a flymo with a grass box otherwise you vans will get full of grass! Enjoy your walk in the woods with Zena. Once your mist burns off, I think you too will be in for a scorcher (compared to what we've had).

Lynn - enjoy your walk - a week isn't long to wait after all your hard work nursing Dillon's paw.

Moet - I hope you get everything done today - a lot on again! Hopefully you dog that was being sick is OK now.

Bev - Good luck with the journey to the vets at least you have nice weather conditions. I do so hope that wretched headache of yours would go - you poor thing ((hugs)).

Moyra - I hope you don't get delayed too long at the hospital and everything runs smoothly. Good luck.

See you all later.

Morning Jenny, ayyyyy, how come you got all the sunshine then?? Where's mine then, it's still horribly misty down by the coast and sort of wet with it

Lol at those scaffolders waking up the whole neighbourhood, but they don't care do they. Yes, this reduced Flymo has a grass collection box I couldn't be doing with raking all the grass up no matter how small the lawn. I did all that 3 times with the leaves this winter, but so glad I did cos the grass is growing rapidly up there now.

Just got back from the woodland walk, no bluebells yet, but the green bits are all out. In the meadow with all the trees from around the world, there is this humungous magnolia tree, so, so beautiful, pink flowers, but half of them are already on the ground, but the half that's left on the tree, still looks pretty amazing.

Zena dunked herself in the stream with her ball on the way back, just in time to clean her up nicely for the steep climb back home, so I took the opportunity of getting the shampoo out, along with the hose and gave her a good bath on her undercarraige. When I was tryyyyyyying to dry her off cos she went ballistic, doing the play bow bit i had to give up on her for fear of injury - to both of us!!!

Off to b&q in a minute and look at their reduced mowers, see what bargain I can snap up.

Catch you all later then.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Bit of a misty one here, but they've promised us another day of wall to wall sunshine, should be getting up to 20 deg when this mist has burnt off (or so they SAY, but then, they have sometimes been known to get it wrong ). Hope you get the same today.

Sorry, but I can't remember much of what's going on with who or their doglets atm, but I hope Taff and Amber are much better today as I do remember them being poorly yesterday. More positive vibes for your sister again Lynn and for getting those viewings on the move. Bev, hope that headache has finally gone and if not, then you must get something done about it. Pat, hope that heel is on the mend and not as painful, and June I hope you managed some sleep without turning it all over in your mind.

I think I'll just go over into our woods this morning cos the bluebells might be appearing and as it's been so dry we can stay clean. If I go up on the top it'll be very misty and it's just not the same without seeing that view.

I'm off to B&Q for some bits for finishing off, and I'm going to buy a cheap Flymo cos I now have 3 lawns to mow. My neighbour's son does the front for me cos that's the posh bit, but the back is very embarrassing with Zena's wee patches, they've turned all brown and crusty and I'm slapping strips of turf down here and there and he'd just suck em all up with his mower, so I'll do that one myself. The bloke who did the caravan lawn last year is the same guy who fitted the bathroom suite up there, so you can imagine how he mows the lawn lol! I hope it's light cos I'm getting too old to be dragging a heavy mower around up hill and maybe I should spend a bit more and get one that will pull me up the hill!

Hope everyone else is ok along with the doglets today, and we'd better make the most of this sunshine cos it's all downhill again Friday.
Hi All you lucky people,Tesco fsocial network page is becoming a farce,evidently someone had a delivery,and a chicken breast looked like something from planet zog,now everyone is chipping in and some of the things on there will bring a smile to yor face,but meant to tell you about my neighbour,she is a lovely lady,but she is stressing about this wedding in her family,so went to debenhams,2 hrs she was there,and a nice shop assistant said that they had a service where you told this woman what budget,your accessories and she will pick out you an outfit.So she is going friday,but what made me laugh,she was saying she wanted that thing that sprouts from your head,as she felt a hat was old fashioned,her husband came back with I have got sprouting broccoli in purple,so had to think and I said a fascinator,she was really shocked no thats what bad girls wore in my day,which got my imagination going.So when Im better going to find out what she meant.I hope everyone is getting ready for the sun to be switched on,High excitement, the sheep are making a din,so they must have heard about this event,the birds are on the fences singing there little hearts out. I wish whoever is going to turn the sun on hurries up,or it will be xmas.Hope all those stressed not feeling well will feel chirpy today with the sun coming on soon.crystalgirl
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

I detest mowing grass. Any chance of a different surface for areas where the dog pees?

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H and all

It's misty here too H, yesterday was too hot and I had to come in at about 2.30! I was battling a huge hedge with a pair of shears.

I am hoping to reconnect a cable in the caravan today, I bought all of the bits ages ago was just waiting for some warm dry weather. This time I will try to not let it drag on the road, wasn't worried before as it is the internal car to caravan lead which I didn't need but my new towbar is geared up for it so might as well use it.

I am taking my cousin out this afternoon he wants to buy DVD's then I will take him to the park to see the new art exhibition and to have tea and cakes.

Enjoy your walk H, it's much better in the woods now that the mud has dried out.

Have a good day all
Oh I remember now - I hate cutting back hedges too lol! Not sure what you mean about the cable stuff but STAY SAFE!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

It's been so long another week isn't too bad and at least you'll have nothing to recriminate yourself about if it does get worse after off road walking. Just stick with their advice. Good luck.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

I'm so sorry to read you are still living with this dratted head pain. But you know you do seem to have a lot of stressful stuff going on and not much 'relaxation' time for you. I am now wondering if it is 'tension' or 'stress' related? But DO go back to the doc if there's no improvement soon.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post

I've obviously missed the story about your eye(s)? I hope it's nothing too serious.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post

See you all later.
Oh with such glorious temperatures you will be able to dry laundry in 56 minutes today lol!

I've got an 'adult son' story of my own to relate today. But not now. Serves me right for laughing at others whose 'little boys' keep descending on them!

CG
Missed yours while I was typing. Am interested in 'what bad girls wore' in her day! I thought, in older times, they wore chains round their ankles! That's what I was told anyway!

My son is getting married in July and I think I will probably be the only female NOT wearing a fascinator. I'd feel such a berk with one on my bonce.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »