Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
So so sorry, thinking of you, all my love. Run free sweet boy. x
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Oh Azz I'm so sorry, at least he went on his own unaided. It never is easy to lose a furkid no matter what age they are.

Mega cyber {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} to you & your family

Run free at The Bridge Rocky, free from all ills to wait for your Dad.
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2011, 05:35 PM
So sorry to hear this. It's what we all dread happening, made me cry when I read this. Rest in peace x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm so very sorry Azz. You took such excellent care of Rocky for so long after he first became ill and he was such a brave fighter. I'm so sorry he has gone. Sleep tight Rocky, you will be missed by many.xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Rocky passed away earlier today - he decided he was was going to go off his own accord and not by the vet who was booked in for a home visit tomorrow.

He went downhill last night when he couldn't get up to go to the loo - the swelling had crept up his legs and to his back a little. We phoned the emergency vet (it was about 3am) and he said to bring him in at 8 as they didn't feel it was an emergency and he didn't seem to be in obvious pain.

He perked up a little by the morning, was able to walk downstairs and into the garden, even if a bit wobbly - he ate some freshly cooked chicken too, and took all his tablets like the good boy he's always been. However we knew the time had come as he just wasn't himself, so phoned the vet to ask for a home visit, but they didn't have any slots left today and the earliest they could do was tomorrow. Given that he had improved slightly overnight we thought maybe it was for the best and perhaps there was a slight glimmer of hope he might perk up a little more, like he has so many times before - and maybe because he was looking forward to his 8th birthday which was less than two weeks agway

He'd been resting all day and we spent the day with him on the bed, giving him lots of hugs and attention, but as the day progressed it had become clear we made the right decision, he was looking less and less himself and had a toilet accident after which he showed the nervousness signs associated with epilepsy (or at least it's what reminds me of of his behaviour post fit) - where he'll look around confused wondering what's going on (losing control of your bowels is also common with a fit) - but it's been years since he's had a fit and I thought he was just upset for spoiling the bed - so I poured him all the love I had in me, and told him it was ok and he was a good boy - he soon forgot it all and relaxed again.

Later, he had a small fit - it was straight after we gave him a tramadol so I don't know if that triggered it, but we phoned the vet immediately asking if there was any way for a house call, they only had one vet on duty and so it wasn't possible but they would see us straight away if we could get there - that was a bout 7pm.

We got him in the car where 10 minutes later his fit became more violent, and then he suddenly stopped, he passed away

He fought right to the very end, and was remarkably well throughout the time he's had this nasty tumour, he's had a few down days but even they weren't that bad - never going off his food (until last night) always wagging his tail, always happy to smile, even when he wasn't feeling 100%.

I'm sure you can imagine we very very distraught - so please forgive me if I'm not around for a while, and thank you all for being there for us and supporting us through his illness, that means so much to us.

Sleep tight Rocky, we will ALWAYS love you, and be thankful of all the love you gave us - we feel very privileged to have been your human companions and will never, ever, forget you.
Oh Azz I am so very sorry to hear about Rocky. He will be running free at The Bridge but it is always hard to accept. He would be peaceful and know that he was with those he loved when he fell into his long sleep.

My thoughts are with you and yours and time is a healer.

Hugs to you and yours xxxx
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-11-2011, 06:58 PM
My thoughts are with you and Rocky.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
So sorry Azz, big hugs to you and your family and RIP Rocky. Xxx
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I've only just seen this (I tend to avoid this section as it makes me cry) but I just wanted to add my condolences. You did everything you could for Rocky and I'm sure he knew how much he was loved. Sleepy tight you big ol' softy.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

02-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I too avoid this section because of the pain it brings back but Azz you gave Rocky all your love and gave him your all until the end and he will forever love you for that. xx Take some comfort in that, although it will never completely heal the pain of losing him. You loved him, he loved you - that really is all you need to know. sleep tight Rocky sweet dreams x
Page 11 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »