Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 11:57 AM

Oh! dear the dogs upset the neighbours

again.................

I know cultures have different views on dogs, but I wish I could get through to my neighbour that my dogs don't eat children....with or without custard

My stepson has just called round and we were on the drive talking and his two little ones were hugging Bruce and Skye. Suddenly my neighbours walks up the road with (I think one of her relatives) and her grandson, who is the same age as the two on our drive (2 years) Skye goes all wiggeley waggs her tail and slowly goes over to them dropping on the floor for a good belly rub................The screams were horrendous, not just from the child but from my neighbours relative and my neighbour is shouting something waving her arms around.

I try everytime....'they like children'' but to no avail, they have lived in this country 30 years and all the grandchildren were born here, but everytime they see dogs we get this reaction (not just with mine) she got a broom off her drive and was waving it around.

Bruce and Skye sit wondering.....what the hell Reah just walks off
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:09 PM
It's def a culture thing hon - one we have to accept
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:12 PM
If they've been here for 30 years, I doubt they'll ever change their minds now. But its so sad that the little ones are learning the same attitude from their parents/grandparents.

You know how the government is going on about a 'test of British-ness' - we should make sure that 'dog lover' is included in the criteria
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
If they've been here for 30 years, I doubt they'll ever change their minds now. But its so sad that the little ones are learning the same attitude from their parents/grandparents.

You know how the government is going on about a 'test of British-ness' - we should make sure that 'dog lover' is included in the criteria
I had to get Skye's collar and turn her away........Oh she looked so put out.... No tummy rub then
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I had to get Skye's collar and turn her away........Oh she looked so put out.... No tummy rub then
poor skye,,, how on earth could anyone be scared of her shes such a sweety
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
poor skye,,, how on earth could anyone be scared of her shes such a sweety
Well it's furry and has teeth and legs....think that was enough......I had to smile though at Skye face, she always looks very confused when they do this........which is everytime they spot them.

I surprised they never get bit, the way they run and scream whenever they see dogs
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well it's furry and has teeth and legs....think that was enough......I had to smile though at Skye face, she always looks very confused when they do this........which is everytime they spot them.

I surprised they never get bit, the way they run and scream whenever they see dogs
can you imagine the look on there face's if I rolled up with my lot for a visit big slobbering daft heed vinnie & Co
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
can you imagine the look on there face's if I rolled up with my lot for a visit big slobbering daft heed vinnie & Co
VINNIE...................OH my VINNIE think they might need mouth to mouth resusciation or they would move

Oh VINNIE.....................YEA
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Are you sure it's a culture thing? My brother is absolutely petrified of dogs, if he sees 1 coming towards him (even on lead) he'll cross the road or turn around and go back the way he came. I've tried to get not to be scared with my lot, but he can't overcome it, I've cured my mum who was always scared of dogs up until I got Boomer and I've made sure his daughter isn't scared of dogs, but I've had no luck with my brother.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by TBBS View Post
Are you sure it's a culture thing? My brother is absolutely petrified of dogs, if he sees 1 coming towards him (even on lead) he'll cross the road or turn around and go back the way he came. I've tried to get not to be scared with my lot, but he can't overcome it, I've cured my mum who was always scared of dogs up until I got Boomer and I've made sure his daughter isn't scared of dogs, but I've had no luck with my brother.
well with my neighbours it is, they have son's and daughters all living close and 42 grandchildren.......... and they have a fear of dogs......a real fear.

Oh! your poor brother....................will have to work on him
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »