Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
You sure you didn't use a bit and brace?

Because from what I've been told you are old enough to remember them.
Actually I have one in my toolkit Colin, and I know how to use it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Well folks I phoned 4 different agencies today, incuding the Scottish Office to apply for a partial grant to cover the cost of the materials.

No joy British Gas do provide grants but only if the job's done by one of their sub-contractors, my local coucil said the same basically, so it looks like I'm on my own regarding the cost of isulating my home.

So much for the wonderful enegy efficient schemes they promote in their attempts to get folks to insulate their homes.

Never mind, when it's finished I'll have the warmest house in the area.
Denis yer talking pash,,, DOUGIE has already told you to leave well alone and he will do it,,,so your spending money where its not needed,,,remember we owe you a couple of favours, ya daffty
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Denis yer talking pash,,, DOUGIE has already told you to leave well alone and he will do it,,,so your spending money where its not needed,,,remember we owe you a couple of favours, ya daffty
It's OK Shona, I thanked Dougie for the offer but the balls are on order, the total cost won't be too expensive, I recon about £200 or so, anyways, I like them, however I'm still fishing one or two out of my kecks occasionally.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Actually I have one in my toolkit Colin, and I know how to use it.
Yep, me too, and about half a dozen bits. Can't remember when I last used it 'tho.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 05:33 PM
[I]

Dougie went over this morning,,,
found said hole, {had a bit of rag stuck in it}
Filled said hole

BANNED nero from touching it again

explained,,, that the stuff would flow through to next door, He would need to fit a cavity barrier that the ventalation of the house needs to be taken into consideration, gas checks done, drilling at 45degrees will compromise the structure, that you must use a bonding agent when filling cavity, or if you drill a hole inside the house to fit a new plug socket,,or the sky man drills a hole outside,,,all your polly balls are going to tumble back in or out,,, so dennis is in need of a new project,,,{dougie will finish this one}

anyone got any ideas for de neros next challange,?[/
I]
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 05:37 PM
PS DENIS,

DOUGIES SAID STAY OUT THE LOFT
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 05:42 PM

anyone got any ideas for de neros next challange,?
He can come visit me and sort out the decorating NIGHTMARE I am having here....

It was ssupposed to be oh so simple...adding a border to the magnolia bedroom wall, well I have shouted and swore so bl00dy much my head is sore Ben is hiding in another room in his bed and my face resembles a beetroot!! And will the thing stick to the stupid wall?? Will it h*ll

All that and the bl00dy stuff is allegedly self adhesive!! BUT not to be unprepared I also bought border adhesive

hmmm maybe I should try pouring it out of a watering can
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post

It was ssupposed to be oh so simple...adding a border to the magnolia bedroom wall, well I have shouted and swore so bl00dy much my head is sore Ben is hiding in another room in his bed and my face resembles a beetroot!! And will the thing stick to the stupid wall?? Will it h*ll

All that and the bl00dy stuff is allegedly self adhesive!! BUT not to be unprepared I also bought border adhesive

AH good luck, I found rolling a big bit out at a time helped rather than doing it little by little, if you know what I mean xxx deep breathing may help,,,voddy, would help more,,, poor ben,,, give him a hug from his buddy shona x
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2008, 05:54 PM
[I]

Dougie went over this morning,,,
found said hole, {had a bit of rag stuck in it}
Filled said hole

BANNED nero from touching it again

explained,,, that the stuff would flow through to next door, He would need to fit a cavity barrier that the ventalation of the house needs to be taken into consideration, gas checks done, drilling at 45degrees will compromise the structure, that you must use a bonding agent when filling cavity, or if you drill a hole inside the house to fit a new plug socket,,or the sky man drills a hole outside,,,all your polly balls are going to tumble back in or out,,, so dennis is in need of a new project,,,{dougie will finish this one}

anyone got any ideas for de neros next challange,?[/
I]
Now that's not strictly true Shona, Dougie and I had a very amicable conversation this morning, he did say the poly balls are good at retaining heat, however they're out of date, the new material is very similar to EPS only it's not granular it looks like cotton wool, I said, "but dougie I like stuffing things", he said, "go stuff yourself", so yes I'm gratefull he dropped by but what am I gonna do with the balls I've ordered.

Suggestions please.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post

I could advise you Lynne, but sorry it's a trade secret.
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >