View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2005, 04:50 PM
I live in Folkestone and I am not fond of this town at all - would much prefer to go back to Portsmouth.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by hunnybaby1232000
I moved to Luton with the now EX husband from Clayhall, Essex in 1987, we decided on Luton as his brother lived here and the house prices were an awful lot cheaper also back then it didnt find it such an undesirable place to live.

I live in stopsley which is on the outskirts of luton and to be honest i dont really like it, the schools leave a lot to be desired, some of the local people are not the sorts i like to mix with, the crime rates are pretty bad and we have an awful lot of asylum seekers here (no offence mean't) which i feel is a drain on our local community within housing, benefits, schooling etc
although on a good point we have an awful lot of greenary around parks/fields etc so great for the dogs.
I would like to move to cambridgeshire, my sister lives in cambourne and my parents live in stamford Lincs (not too far from cambridge).
So im hoping in the near future to move away to a much nicer place.
(I hope i do not upset any fellow dogwebbers from Luton)
I have been looking at your photographs and some of you live in the most beautiful parts of the UK.

michelle

michelle
My daughter lived in Cambourne for a while, she now lives in Hardwick in Cambridge, wish we could afford to live there
hunnybaby1232000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
My daughter lived in Cambourne for a while, she now lives in Hardwick in Cambridge, wish we could afford to live there
Its lovely there, its so peaceful but as you say fairly expensive area
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2005, 08:14 PM
I like where I live now but the South East is the most expensive place to live apparently, and if I could move anywhere tomorrow I would move up to Snorri country, or Het country, or maybe Ross on Wye area. I definitely don't like towns, I'm a countrygal and always have been, so I wouldn't want to move to any large town/city, never in a million years.

I know Guildford and Farnham very well, they are great, I have friends there too, very nice
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 06:29 PM
well I live in Edinburgh, but If i could move anywhere it would be Wester Ross, we went up there last year and it is just stunning !

I dont mind edinburgh though as I live in a lovely quiet street but still only 15 min on bus to city centre and only 10 minutes from pentland hills and out of town. Our area is lovely.

If I was really going to get up and move completely I would go to Vancouver, canada - as I adore it there - however no way i could leave my family at moment and I wouldnt go anyway cos Bruno would have to have 6 months quarantine and i couldnt do that to him
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-11-2005, 07:16 PM
As cities go, Edinburgh is quite a good one (apart from the house prices!), but I just got sick of cities in general (too many people, too much noise, too much regulation and too many queues for anything). At least now I have a decent view in the mornings (if weather permits), even if some of it is taken up with a crowd of cows' a**** (beats cars, though) and a growing encirclement by barns - Grrrrrrrrrr!

Jobs are quite hard to come by, most of them require you to be able to drive a tractor, or to be related to the employer or his relatives and friends. "Equal Opportunities" seem to be an idea which has yet to take root in the employers' psyche, as does the idea of employee rights (Long live Queen Victoria!), but housing is still comparatively cheap.

If you have the equipment and expertise to work from home electronically, for a company "doon sooth", it could be ideal (power cuts permitting ). One of the UK's first "telecottages" was on the island of Hoy, but I think it went bust

Snorri
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
If you have the equipment and expertise to work from home electronically, for a company "doon sooth", it could be ideal (power cuts permitting ). One of the UK's first "telecottages" was on the island of Hoy, but I think it went bust

Snorri

thats not a problem for me snorri - as I work from home via the wonders of internet - but i just couldnt leave me mammy and daddy at the moment as it great having them just down the road !! we are too close a family for me to move too far away - I make do with trips up north as often as we can and maybe one of these days I will brave the world away from my mums apron strings !!! ( as my hubby likes to put it !!)
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8