View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 01:10 PM
I had to laugh at my dad yesterday, i asked was he having a good time beings as he said he was going to go and would have an awful time and wouldn't enjoy it, he said " i am trying to make the best of it"!!! he has been taken on a trip of a lifetime at NO cost to him, had a cruise and going to all the places he wanted to see and he is "trying to make the best of it" Hilarious
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 01:35 PM
Same old, same old here. Damp and cold, but it hasn't deterred the Easter crowds.

Men hate to admit they might have been wrong, Griff. It's just the nature of the beast @)

Throat is still being a pain (literally), but a bit better. Did wake me up three times last night though so a bit tired today. Thankfully, it's not as bad in the daytime and I can drink a full cup of coffee now which is a bonus and shows it's on the mend
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 03:17 PM
fingers crossed it goes and doesn't come back Chris
should deffo have my room tidied by thursday...not sure if to book a skip or wait for mum and dad to get back...think i will wait as dad can lift the furniture i want chucking
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
At the moment they still want to buy as investment property access road or not.
Well that's important, as you say May is a good time to put yours on the market. I am reading that house sales are slowing but in my view mortgages are still going to be very low interest for all of 2018 so there will be reasonable buying activity. But what do I know ? Not involved in property marketing (as you have been in a past life )

Originally Posted by griff View Post
i have just looked at the cost of skips, crikey, i had no idea they were so expensive!
Yes, I had a shock when we moved here and had to hire a couple of skips, now I try whenever possible to smash up stuff, chuck it in the car (Good job it's an old banger ) and take it down to the tip.

Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Did wake me up three times last night though so a bit tired today.
I'm up two or three times every night Have to let Lara out (or in) plus at least once for a wee I catch up with an afternoon snooze
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 05:55 PM
I think in an ideal world Lynn, we would all love the opportunity to control who lives next to us...i guess that's what paul and beth would like to do...as long as you give the relevant notice and adhere to the notice periods etc if you get bad tenants you can get shot of them.
Mum just Text, they are getting ready for their flight over the grand canyon, they are going in a little plane, it is the company whose helicopter crashed the other month..... i have said that now is the best time to go as all the aircraft will have had to be thoroughly inspected.
i have just looked at the cost of skips, crikey, i had no idea they were so expensive! thinki will put my junk in the garage and get a skip when mum and dad come back
Griff have a look at a hippo bag.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Griff did they win the cruise and holiday?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 07:09 PM
No Kazz, mum paid for the lot herself
We looked at hippo bags before... actually we have one, I have to put it kerbside and my drive is at the back so no good
I thought the west miss had a yellow weather warning?? Been a beautiful day.
Harvey £180 for a 6yarder!!! I am hoping dad will say book a van in at the tip and hire one...that would be the cheapest option
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 09:43 PM
Our local Iceland put a turnstile at the entrance, it isn't disabled friendly and I couldn't get in first time I went in after the change...I emailed Iceland who thanked me for highlighting the issue...errrr did nobody think a turnstile and disabled people might be an issue
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Our local Iceland put a turnstile at the entrance, it isn't disabled friendly and I couldn't get in first time I went in after the change...I emailed Iceland who thanked me for highlighting the issue...errrr did nobody think a turnstile and disabled people might be an issue
Difference between genius and stupidity - genius has it's limits.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately, this World of ours has a long way to go to make it more disability friendly. Narrow doors, drops in pavements that don't 'drop' enough to be fully safe, potholes in roads that aren't just a menace to cars, broken pavements etc, etc, etc.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2