Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Passenger
New Member!
Male 

09-05-2017, 02:41 AM

Young very talented czech drawer friend

I'm french and have recently got to know a young czech artist girl who works in dog shop and who is also making dogs drawings.
Her dream would be to make it her main activity but she's doubting her talent.
Since I would like to help her and make her work seen, allow me to post some of her pieces :

Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2017, 06:07 AM
Beautiful!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
Since I would like to help her and make her work seen, allow me to post some of her pieces :
Tristan, yes her work is very good, but in case you didn't know there are a lot of people (In many countries) doing pet portraits.
What might help her is if she can work in oils, or maybe water colour, as well as charcoal / pencil (Which I assume is what these portraits are)
Payment to overseas suppliers has suffered a lot of bad publicity due to internet fraud, not quite sure how she could overcome that but it needs some thought.
I know a very talented pet portrait artist in UK, she got into a lot of problems early on by doing work without a deposit. Please tell your friend to always take a deposit before starting work, it will help her financially I can assure you.

Also, she is talented, keep on encouraging her
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2017, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Tristan, yes her work is very good, but in case you didn't know there are a lot of people (In many countries) doing pet portraits.
What might help her is if she can work in oils, or maybe water colour, as well as charcoal / pencil (Which I assume is what these portraits are)
Payment to overseas suppliers has suffered a lot of bad publicity due to internet fraud, not quite sure how she could overcome that but it needs some thought.
I know a very talented pet portrait artist in UK, she got into a lot of problems early on by doing work without a deposit. Please tell your friend to always take a deposit before starting work, it will help her financially I can assure you.

Sounds to me like good advice. I note too that she is puting a copyright marker on her work which should offer some protection for her excellent work.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Sounds to me like good advice. I note too that she is puting a copyright marker on her work which should offer some protection for her excellent work.
Very good point (I missed that)
Passenger
New Member!
Male 

11-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post

--------

Thank you for you responses
Yes, she's working in oils and charcoals too and is also making collars.

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Wow, that first portrait is fantastic
Passenger
New Member!
Male 

15-05-2017, 07:26 PM