View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah it's extremely expensive. Luckily the wages are higher too, but some things (like drinks and meat) are still pricy.
I rarely drink, problem solved. Haha .
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Wow, how exciting! I know NOTHING about Norway except alcohol is expensive although one of the village mums where I used to live was married to a Norwegian and he continued to live there and they went back during holidays. etc.

Wishing you all good luck in finding a home and work.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by JulieSS View Post
We also have to decide between the area my dad lives, or where my mum is. Where my mum lives there might be better jobs and more money, but.my heart wants to live closer to my dad!
I read that as meaning that Mum is in a more urban area but maybe your Dad is in a more rural area, I think Marvel would like the country more than the city, so it's settled, you have to go to where your Dad lives

I'm so pleased you are taking Marvel with you.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 09:10 PM
There are cities of similar size where both my parents live, but where my dad is people are more "traditional" and slow. My mum's area is south of Oslo and lots of people go there because it's a nice coastal area with coast, nice summers, holiday homes etc.

It's harrrrrd.
We can find sort of similar priced properties in both places, slightly more pricy where my mum lives but nothing we can't deal with if we really want to. Also feel I wanna live closer to my dad as I've lived with and close to my mum my whole life, maybe it's time for a change? My boyfriend also gets along with my dad VERY well.

It's not cold all year as it seems many people believe, our summers are pretty much the same as the English summer, but less rain and overcast! Spring and autumn the same, but yes..winter is a major difference with more snow and colder temperatures.
..and I love the fact that I don't feel that I have to protect my things from being stolen by neighbours haha.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by JulieSS View Post
It's not cold all year as it seems many people believe, our summers are pretty much the same as the English summer, but less rain and overcast! Spring and autumn the same, but yes..winter is a major difference with more snow and colder temperatures.
..and I love the fact that I don't feel that I have to protect my things from being stolen by neighbours haha.
I think every time I have been it's been snowing! But I didn't mind as it's such a great place, had some fun times there

I shall follow your progress with interest - please do keep us updated, with plenty of pics
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Good luck with your plans.

Is English spoken widely over there or will you be giving your OH lessons? I have some friends in Finland and luckily their English is a darn sight better than my Finnish!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh I can't even be bothered to read ANY of the responses. I read your post and got ALL EXCITED for you!

Woo Hoo! You go girl.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Tangutica: haha thanks!

Almost everyone speaks English as you have to learn it in school, but loads of people are a bit embarrassed to speak it before they losen up. I've had my.boyfriend meet a couple of.my friends and it suprised and annoyed me that they spoke more to me in Norwegian than to him in English!
But, as he's a physio he should learn the language as he won't be able to work with people unless he understands the problems they are trying to describe etc. We would both like to work in a gym too, as we are both PT's, and I guess that would be more doable than going straight for physio.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 09:02 AM
What I want to know is,..... will there be plenty of room for Dogsey member holidays?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I hope you have a good time.... but it`s not a place I would enjoy. There is a national leash law for 6 months of the years (dogs only allowed off lead on your own property) which may be extended to longer through local regulations.
The thought of not being able to walk my dogs would put me right off.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »