Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 06:17 PM

What are you growing (picture heavy!)

I think it is time we shared what we are growing in our gardens, then we can keep a check on how it is all growing and give each other inspiration

Parsnips, guess why there is wire netting around them

Strawberries

Tomatoes

Carrots

French Marigolds

Sunflowers

Sweetpeas

And finally the Montana, running riot as usual

There is more but I think this enough for now
Look forward to seeing yours
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 06:23 PM
I wish I could grow stuff but I can never look after plants - my sunflower didn't grow properly when I was 7 so I gave up. But...

Eating apple tree in bloom

Cherry tree

Cooking apple tree

They grow without me needing to bother
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Aimee you are going to have some nice fruit there, I would love a cooking apple tree.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Promise some piccies later 3 types of spuds, onions, shallots garlic, courgettes, parsnip, beetroot, chard, cucumber 4 sorts of tomatoes, damsons, greengages, gooseberries, blueberries,kiwi (fingers crossed) figs, plums.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aimee you are going to have some nice fruit there, I would love a cooking apple tree.
It's not ours - it overhangs so shhhh! I don't eat fruit but if I can get to it before the wasps and birds - I plan to sell it - you know sign on the front garden sort of thing..just to make a little extra..there's a man selling free range eggs from his garden so why can't I sell fruit

My Dad has an old coal bunker (metal - it's newer than our old stone one which is now not there) filled with spuds and before Louie wrecked the mini greenhouse he had (oops) he was growing something in there.
His lawn however (20ft by 6ft) used to be a vegetable patch - then a patio and now a lawn..
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Promise some piccies later 3 types of spuds, onions, shallots garlic, courgettes, parsnip, beetroot, chard, cucumber 4 sorts of tomatoes, damsons, greengages, gooseberries, blueberries,kiwi (fingers crossed) figs, plums.
Yumm, dying to see the pictures

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
It's not ours - it overhangs so shhhh! I don't eat fruit but if I can get to it before the wasps and birds - I plan to sell it - you know sign on the front garden sort of thing..just to make a little extra..there's a man selling free range eggs from his garden so why can't I sell fruit
it could be because it's not strictly yours to sell but I admire your enterprise
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm growing loads this year - my first year after the success of last years tomatoes......

Tomatoes
Peppers
Chillies
Carrots
Onions
Radishes
Aubergine
Courgettes
Butternut squash
Strawberries

I'll get some photos at the weekend and post them.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 07:52 PM
I will take some photo's over the weekend and post them up but as a quick list this year we are growing:

* Three varieties of tomato
* Three varieties of potato
* Radish
* Carrots
* Chilli
* Peas
* Runner Beans
* Shallots
* Cabbage
* Mixed Salad leaves
* A selection of herbs - parsley, coriander, sage, rosemary, chives and thyme.
* Strawberries
* Raspberries

And then in addition to that i've got hanging baskets on the go, new honeysuckle plants to go over my archway, lilies and a rose bush that my mum gave me and I might grow a couple of sunflowers for the birds as well.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-04-2011, 08:00 PM
ive no garden i love growing my own veg etc its rewarding to eat the produce i might get a chilli plant for up in the flat tho real hot one
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Well so far all I have is mint, parsely and strawberries

But I am going to be doing potatoes, courgettes, carrots and tomatoes hopefully. The trouble I have is a Northfacing garden and bad soil so I am going to be doing lots of pots that I can move around.

I am not a big gardener but I love a nice garden, so I do tend to rely on my very greenfingered Mother to help me out

I will get some photos sorted
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »