View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I honestly would stay within this area, I love where we live but would just like a bigger house with more garden - or better still a lottery win and a farmhouse with a bit of land.

There are some stunning villages on the outskirts of our town that I would love to live in. I would never move out the area now, love it too much.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Yum - completely agree. I LOVE the choccie covered one too. When I lived in London for a few years in my early twenties, my mum used to send me Kendal Mintcake down in the post to give me a taste of home (literally!)
Mmmm can you get her to send me some I don't talk much with the rest of Mum's family, one of her Brother's lives up there in Scotland..haven't seen him for years - can't remember if it's him or her other brother that has a glass eye..hmmm
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Mmmm can you get her to send me some I don't talk much with the rest of Mum's family, one of her Brother's lives up there in Scotland..haven't seen him for years - can't remember if it's him or her other brother that has a glass eye..hmmm
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
For me - Somerset - around Cheddar and the Mendips area
Ah, my part of the cow pat!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2011, 07:37 PM
On a more serious note

If anyone really wants to live somewhere else, then go!

I am from Lancashire, but fate prevailed and I had to move to the West Midlands. As I met my OH there, I still think this was not all bad. We had a one off camping trip to Hawkshead (I'd been before and promised Heaven!), and he wanted to move. As did I. Sat in the pub on our last night, I said to him "God helps those who help their selves"

So...we saved up for 2 years, until we had 6 months rent.
I gave up my job. We rented out our home. And went and lived in a tent, until we could find somewhere we liked! Once we were in, I got a job (in the local co-op!), then OH gave up his job and joined us.

Not one regret.
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9