View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I have a pile of new slippers on the boot-rack in the bootroom, and those who know me will always take off their shoes and put a pair on, they usually use the same pair each time and fight over them! Strangers no, but I do look at their feet first! I have lovely oatmeal, thick carpet throughout the whole house and it doesn't take long to ruin it. The dogs are, however, allowed to ruin it, but not people! I don't like strange people tramping through my house anyways, so I rarely have them now, only friends who use their slippers!

I always, always take my shoes off when viewing other people's houses, or visiting people who have nice, clean, new carpet, otherwise I wouldn't bother, but I think it's only etiquette to take your shoes off for someone's nice, clean carpet. Well, it's the way I was brought up anyways, but that could be wrong!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 08:41 PM
In my house, you can come in with shoes on. You can take them off if you choose.
I have my Irish family's attitude to things - they're not as important as people feeling comfortable and welcome .
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 08:47 PM
No! I hate it. It's so over the top and I have to say if someone had dogs I would think it very rude to ask me, unless they had trained their dogs to wipe their feet!

I like nothing more than guests in my house to make themselves feel at home.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I have to say, although I don't ask people to remove their shoes, it's nice when they do! I'm not actually houseproud, but I think it's polite to not wear shoes indoors. That could be several years of Karate training that's ingrained, but people wearing shoes indoors does bother me. I always remove my shoes indoors. It feels too naughty keeping them on!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
In my house, you can come in with shoes on. You can take them off if you choose.
I have my Irish family's attitude to things - they're not as important as people feeling comfortable and welcome .
Oh, I like that attitude x
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Before we got Jess I did, but now we have her, there is no point.

I will ask if I am requested to take my shoes off in other peoples houses though.

We have laminate throughout our house (bar the stairs) so its nice and easy to clean.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Yes, I ask people to take their shoes off when they come in the house. When I go into other peoples houses, I automatically take my shoes off. To me, it's just disgusting to walk dirt in from the street. No way, could I live with that. As for the dogs, the area where they play in the garden is paving, so doesn't get muddy and when we've been out for a walk, I wipe their feet (with wipes - all 32 of them ) in the hallway, before they go in the rest of the house.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I love that... I think you are lovely
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
No! I hate it. It's so over the top and I have to say if someone had dogs I would think it very rude to ask me, unless they had trained their dogs to wipe their feet!

I like nothing more than guests in my house to make themselves feel at home.
Me too.....put your feet up, chill out and relax...that's what I like to see...oh...other prerequisites are bounce on the trampoline with my osn (unless you are too old or frail...) and stroke my dogs.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I love that... I think you are lovely

Me too.....put your feet up, chill out and relax...that's what I like to see...oh...other prerequisites are bounce on the trampoline with my osn (unless you are too old or frail...) and stroke my dogs.
I'll be over for a cup of tea then ;o)
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I can attest to this....... I've taken my shoes off, put my feet up on the sofa, scoffed scrummy lunches - nice place to visit....
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »