Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
We have recently had a home fire safety check by our local fire brigade (had 4, yes 4 firemen round!) and got 2 smoke alams free.

The downstairs one is tested regularly when cooking!
Yes trish and how do i sign up for that? :smt047

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Just thought of something else-does anyone have a fire escape plan for their home???

Im not analy retentive about safety,but admit that fire scares the bejesus outta me so i always leave key in front door at night so if push came to shove-i wouldnt have to fumble around for the right key.My back/side door are the same and they are all UPVC which i know are the fire brigades worst nightmare cause they are hard to force entry.
Steve we have keys on all our doors (Bungalow with 3 exits not counting the annex (not locked)), and remind the kids periodicly to get out and phone for help not try to rescue cos it saves time, i think you have to think about these things and at least have half an idea what to do if the worst should happen xx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
I tested mine accidentely when i was fixing the light with a fag in my gob (almost deafened me )
Sorry Stew, but I found that hilarious

I go round regularly and test mine. There's an awful lot here. By the time I've finished testing them all, I can't hear a thing
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by mutthouse View Post
Yes trish and how do i sign up for that? :smt047
We had a card put through the door, filled it in, sent it off and got a phone call a few days later arranging an appointment for the next evening!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Don't forget about the window locks either! I always leave one key on the windowsill in every room, as I don't think it would be easy to smash through double glazing?! Don't know (thankfully!), but it's best to leave a key at hand in every single room, just to be on the safe side.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3