Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Christmas - im dreading it

Im dreading putting up our christmas tree this year, other years have been fine, Kobe & Charlie knew better than not to touch or pull anything down, we now have Honey who is just over a year old and into chewing and playing with everything and diving across the room.

How do you all manage if you have a pup, any ideas would be welcome.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 02:42 PM
i'm having this worry too! lily will be 8 months at christmas and although she is a very good girl in the house, i'm really concerned what she would do if i put the usual 6 foot tree and trimmings up!

my idea at the moment is to have a much smaller one (my daughter is not happy about this!) on a table that i can remove from the room when i'm at work.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Put the tree in a playpen and decorate the pen to make it look festive---if it is wooden you can paint it red and green.

Pressies are safe as well.

rune
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Murphy was only 6 months old at his first Christmas and I was dreading it!

However, he seemed to take his lead from Max, and apart from a bit of a stand-off with a reflective bauble, almost totally ignored the tree...
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Murphy was only 6 months old at his first Christmas and I was dreading it!

However, he seemed to take his lead from Max, and apart from a bit of a stand-off with a reflective bauble, almost totally ignored the tree...
Well i hope thats the case with Honey that she will take lead from Kobe who doesnt bother with the tree, although he has other bad habits she has picked up on, naughty puppy she is. We havent had her in her crate for about 6 weeks now giving her a chance she been quite good.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 03:21 PM
We have a fake tree, and allowed the dogs a good sniff and root around of the decorations etc whilst we were putting it up... after that, they seemed to ignore it, although we did find them both asleep under it once...
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
We have a fake tree, and allowed the dogs a good sniff and root around of the decorations etc whilst we were putting it up... after that, they seemed to ignore it, although we did find them both asleep under it once...
what more could you want for christmas!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Diesel wasn't too bad when he was a pup If he did mess with the tree, I'd just tell him to leave, and he did

Now he's not bothered by it x
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I knew someone with a boxer pup who pinched all the chocolate decorations from the tree, foil and all, knocking it all over in the process. She put up a similar thing to a play pen ( I think it was an old fashioned fire guard) right round it and it was fine after that!
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Our boy was 12 months old last Christmas. He was a little tinker. We had to block off the tree in the end with a fire guard. He is still a little tinker so better get the fire guard ready for this year.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >