View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Its strange this one.. beforehand I would undoubtedly have said Spotty, my first dog. She was my world, I was hers.
But then came Missy, with a raft of issues and as they've all but disappeared, she's the most delightful dog and she too is special in my heart. So I can't choose. I love them both, for different reasons. They're both special, for different reasons.
I have a feeling I've been truly blessed with two special dogs
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I feel like a bit of a meanie picking one, but I'd have to say my current girl Maggie.

After what happened with our last dog I honestly thought I'd never be confident to have another dog again. I felt that my abilities as a dog owner were totally shattered and I didn't want to go through the same experience again.

Maggie was hand picked for us by the rescue she's from. We were lucky to know a couple of staff there who had been through our last experiecne with us (they took the obedience classes we went to) and so knew exactly what we needed in a dog.

We met Maggie and although she seemed nice and calm I said no coz I didn't feel that "spark" that I thought I would and I was so scared of it going wrong that I was finding silly reasons to say no.
On the way home we were talking and thought "how daft are we being?" as she ticked every box, so as soon as we got in we rang the rescue to reserve Maggie.

Anyway, long story short, she came home a week later on a 2 week trial which they kindly allowed us to do and we haven't looked back.
She immediately fitted in and is the most loving and expressive dog we've ever had.
We haven't had any issues with her at all (except chasing squiggles, but hey, she's a dog!) and it's like all the work and training we put into our last dog and just couldn't make work, we got back in Maggie.
She's healed so many wounds and I can't imagine life without her.

Well done if you got this far.......
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Phil, are you going to take a turn?
Of course I am - I fell asleep

I think it's easy to think over highly of the dogs I no longer have and there's no doubting my last Springer (Beau) was a bit special but I'm I'm going to say.............Skye.

It's hard to put my finger on 'why' as there's no doubt my Springers (Beau & Fingal) are more 'loving' and from a physical point of view can do things that Skye can't. Tip, the dog I grew up with up had his own qualities as does Breagh.

For me though Skye just has something none of the others have. It's not that he's any better - he just seems to have a strange role that's not 'one of the people' and not 'one of the dogs' - he's sort of in between.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 12:18 PM
ive only had 2 dogs and i couldnt choose between them.

we had a family dog, sam, when i was younger. we got him when i was 9 and he was 6 months. he was perfect! he was the sweetest dog and was so friendly. i had him through most of my teenage years, and most people know how hard they are with so many tears, and he was there with me through it all. he knew when i was upset and would patiently lie with me, snuggling up and licking my tears. i was devasted when he died. he was only 8. he became really ill one day so we took him to the vets, they did tests and put him on a drip and kept him in over night. the next day he was much better and we were allowed to take him home, but he died peacefully in the car before we made it home. i couldnt believe it. the vet told us he had cancer. my poor baby

now, i have jake. he's my own dog, not the familys so i do feel a bit closer too him. he is a fantastic dog and everyone loves him. he's young though, so dont know how he will be when he is older, but its looking good

lauren
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 12:22 PM
OCH no I can't say!

Everyone knows that Maddy and me are soulmates, she's the most difficult swine of a dog I have ever had but then i'm a difficult swine of a person sometimes i'm sure.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 12:25 PM
I've had to think very long and hard about this one coz they were all very special to me in their own ways, but I suppose it just has to be Cassie, but that's probably only because she was my constant shadow everywhere I went, I was never without her, until she had to leave me 2 years ago I fully expected her to go on to a ripe old age just like all my others had, to 15 and 16, but sadly cancer took her when she was only 11 I'm absolutely positive though, that my new addition, aka Zena, will be just as special as Cassie was and could even be moreso, I'll just have to wait and see on that one

Georgie is also very special to me because he's my only ever rescue and such a lovely boy, but somehow, he hasn't got the type of personality that would qualify him to be my MOST special!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 03:16 PM
I am not copping out here, but can't pick a *most* special as they have all been special in one way or another to me. If I were absolutely pressed, then it would probably be Flame, as we have been through so many changes in our life together.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2009, 03:34 PM
EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whichever one I'm stroking/thinking about at the time.

Snorri
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whichever one I'm stroking/thinking about at the time.

Snorri
Have to agree with you there

Though there was maybe something extra special about Sam. He was more like an extra limb than a dog....Always there, totally reliable, great sense of humour, easy to train ( or good at training me ) And he understood me What a genius I remember when he was a pup going to the club in Dundee with him and people telling me how lucky I was but I didn't really believe them. I thought all collies were placid, loving, intelligent easy to live with .........
Ah well I've learned
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 05:09 PM
all my dogs have been the best in there own way, be it smart and willing/ loving / vinnie?? / loyal,

they all have that very special place.
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »