Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-01-2008, 02:41 PM

Anyone else going to see Hairspray?

Well..i've just booked my tickets for the 26th of March to go down to London to see Hairspray at the shaftesbury. I've been a fan since it first came out on broadway in '02 and dreamt of seeing it, and was really over the moon when I heard it was coming to england on stage this year, I didn't enjoy the film version of the musical much..and thought John Travolta's Edna was dire!
However in this show, we have Michael Ball donning the beehive wig n stilletoes to take to the stage as the loveable stage mother and tbf he looks scarily convincing!, and i think Leanne Jones as Tracy is a really amazing casting, although I quite like her understudy's riffing when she's filled in too!
I could prattle on, but will wait to see if anyone replies who's going/has been otherwise nobody will know what Im on about!

http://www.hairspraythemusical.co.uk/
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I got it on DVD for Christmas, Luke. I'm sure the show will be so much better. Look forward to your "review" x
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I watched the one with Zac efron ( )
I loved it! Bet the show's gonna be brilliant too
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Im off to see chitty chitty bang bang on stage at cardiff in august if that counts
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Hope you have a cracking time I have not yet watched it but will get round to it
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I have seen a few London Shows, but have not seen "Hairspray", I saw it on tv a while back ( cant remember the programme it was on ) It looked very funny!

Hope you have a good day out
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm really REALLY excited now.
It's apparently amazing; and I've been wanting to go since seeing the previews for it on BROADWAY all of six years ago! So I was in awe when I heard it was hitting west end, and Michael Ball as Edna looks a riot!