View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 04:39 PM

It's time to get down to serious thinking for me....

well i had some interesting news while at my mums over christmas, she is going to buy me another dog!

obviously this isnt an impulse buy or anything so i will explain how this came about....
my sister has been on two school ski trips and my mum has paid half for each of them which ammounts to around £650. as i never went on school trips, and am never going to now lol, she said she would put the money to something i wanted, obviously another doglet we have decided that it will be put to my 21st so will have about £800 for my new dog. i will of finished college then and will hopefully be working (if any jobs ever appear) so now its time to get down to some serious thinking of what breed i can have and would like to add to my family.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
well i had some interesting news while at my mums over christmas, she is going to buy me another dog!

obviously this isnt an impulse buy or anything so i will explain how this came about....
my sister has been on two school ski trips and my mum has paid half for each of them which ammounts to around £650. as i never went on school trips, and am never going to now lol, she said she would put the money to something i wanted, obviously another doglet we have decided that it will be put to my 21st so will have about £800 for my new dog. i will of finished college then and will hopefully be working (if any jobs ever appear) so now its time to get down to some serious thinking of what breed i can have and would like to add to my family.
aren't you after another Crested? Thought you were looking for a hairless boy? You must be really excited now!!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
aren't you after another Crested? Thought you were looking for a hairless boy? You must be really excited now!!!
im already definately getting the hairless boy he arrives in may well around then so he will be one and a half when mum plans on giving me the money for my next dog. i think with this money i will buy a different breed because i like so many and with two cresteds then, a different breed would be nice, but after seeing my long list its just which one lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 04:49 PM
£800! Cor - that`s more than I paid for all four of mine.
Come to think of it, it`s more than I paid for all the dogs I`ve ever had (9 in total)
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
£800! Cor - that`s more than I paid for all four of mine.
Come to think of it, it`s more than I paid for all the dogs I`ve ever had (9 in total)
welcome to the world of show dogs!!! I paid £850 for Rio, £650 for Dan and £200 for bargain basket Rogue!!!! They are all priceless though

Clo - have a mosey round DD when you go to Crufts, that may inspire you. Are you thinking of another toy or something else? If you go Sunday you have to come and see my gang at the Estrela stand!!!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
welcome to the world of show dogs!!! I paid £850 for Rio, £650 for Dan and £200 for bargain basket Rogue!!!! They are all priceless though

Clo - have a mosey round DD when you go to Crufts, that may inspire you. Are you thinking of another toy or something else? If you go Sunday you have to come and see my gang at the Estrela stand!!!!
im showing there on the saturday but want to go another day too as you never have enough time to shop and show all in one day i dont think i want another toy, i want something bigger, and thats in a different group so shows wont be a mad rush if you get what i mean? i did really want a boxer but i have heard some mega horror stories about how destructive they can be and dont know if i could cope with how hyper and destructive they seem to be. think i will look at DD as there are alot i like
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:14 PM
i was gonna suggest a nice rescue and spend the rest of the money on lovely things for your dogs
but i guess if you wanna show then thats out

dont wanna put a downer on things but just a point someone said to a friend of mine who got three dogs in fairly quick sucsession
wouldnt it be more fun to space them out more, then you can spend much more time training and getting to know them individualy, and you wont have three v young dogs, then three middle aged dogs, then three oldies who all die at the same time and break your heart
i was planning to wait till ben was about 6 before getting another dog, then i would have time to train the pup up before he retired, then dog no 3 when he was 12 or so

best laid plans and all that

anyway, look forward to hearing what you choose
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:21 PM
getting dogs in quick succession can be good or bad depending on the dogs. I now live with three pups aged 16 months, 11 months and 2 months. We all live in harmony and the dogs don't run silly indoors. I think with some breeds that age gap would be horrendous, but with two laid back dogs and one energetic one it's pretty peaceful.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
i was gonna suggest a nice rescue and spend the rest of the money on lovely things for your dogs
but i guess if you wanna show then thats out

dont wanna put a downer on things but just a point someone said to a friend of mine who got three dogs in fairly quick sucsession
wouldnt it be more fun to space them out more, then you can spend much more time training and getting to know them individualy, and you wont have three v young dogs, then three middle aged dogs, then three oldies who all die at the same time and break your heart
i was planning to wait till ben was about 6 before getting another dog, then i would have time to train the pup up before he retired, then dog no 3 when he was 12 or so

best laid plans and all that

anyway, look forward to hearing what you choose
yeah i see where your coming from, although by then daph will be 3 and a half ish (depending when puppy arrives) my hairless will be 1 and a half / 2 (again depending when the puppy arrives) so there will be a slight age gap with them all.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Lucky girl - good luck with what ever you decide x
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »