Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Beat me to it Becky!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Now call me daft, but you have only had dogs for 4-8 years yet have owned 6-10 dogs in that time ?(from your profile)surely with experience of at least 6 dogs, you should have taken advice when she went missing whilst in season ? & then you could have had her spayed & the puppies aborted before she got to the stage of having 4 dead puppies inside her ?

I pity your vet if he/she is having the live puppy, they used to breed the early patterdale's to SBT to give them more gameness so that they could tackle foxes in their dens(this is what patterdales are bred for fox killing-not just off a website, from the book on Patterdale Terriers written by an author with a lifelong experience & knowledge of the breed & backed up with references)
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry, to hear that your bitch is pregnant,and about the stillborn pups, would it not be better to perform a C Section now,as that seems an awful lot of still born pups for the poor girl to have to carry around, it won't be very good for her health? I would of thought the remaining alive pup would not be doing very well in that situation. I know there is a risk to the remaining pup arriving early, but I would rather keep my bitch well. Good luck .

( The reason people have been snippy, is because we recently had a person posting, who said they were a vets nurse of lots of years, and told the most heartbreaking tale about their puppy, all to be found out to be a fantasist. It was clear from her questions that she wasn't trained at all...... )
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Kelly1966 View Post
no she is going to give birth as normal he said because there is only 7days there no point
Rang The Vets Today And She Said They Will Be Due In 20 Days

I thought you said originally that your vet told you she still had 20 days to go?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 12:01 PM
We really do need to know when you think she was mated s o we can work out a more accurate date, although I must say you have a very clever vet if he can tell by a phone call how long she has to go!
Becky
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kelly1966 View Post
Well We Dont know how long she was out but I estimate 10 min but may have been longer.
We Found Out That She Is Having 1 puppy as she was having 5 but they are still born and the one that pops out alive ,the vet will be having. Then she is booked in to get spayed
Thanks For You Help

Kelly

ps can you all stop taking the p**s about me
Firstly I wasn't taking the p*** but can I aslo add that I am trained and have worked in the field that your training for for 21 years, and I have numerous qualifications in this field, so that is why I am confused about your post.
Secondly having worked all those years with trainee vets, whether from the veterinary school in Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc., you would (I'd of thought) realised that your dog had got out in season and gone to your vet straight away for the injection to stop her from having pups.
Thirdly you would not be posting asking what to do, because by now you would know (at least) the basic knowledge of animals/mating/science/biology as you have to have exception qualifactions to be excepted as training in the Veterinary Surgeons world. Sorry if you thought 'Oh, she's taking the p***' I was asking a basic question after reading your thread.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 12:59 PM
hmmmmmm

something notadding up here......

id thisistrue mabey you should seek advice from another vet.....
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Poor bl**dy dog.. what a life!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't understand ! If I've missed something please enlighten me !

First you say your dog must have been mated 2 months ago, which would make her due any day now (the ave Whelp being 63 days) then miraculously over the phone your vet predicts that she has 20 days left !!!! That just doesnt add up or would be the longest whelp in history !

Then your vet is happy to leave 4 dead puppies inside her with no imminent C section or ABs as a precaution !

I would like your vets details, as either they are incompetent or the facts, aren't quite facts !

If you were studying at Bristol, you would have more knowledge than this and surely would have consulted with your colleagues or mentor on the issue !
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 04:56 PM
I dont think any of you have missed anything, I cant belive nor work any of it out myself!!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »