Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 01:09 PM

Downhill! How Exciting!

On our way back from the usual walk there is a steep long hill which, if you lose control, takes you to my doorstep (and hopefully not through it). For some reason, this pushes a switch in my two and they go from trotting nicely, ranging gently across the lane and sniffing, to downhill tearaways.
Diva starts to bounce on the spot and with a bit of spare lead (they are on extending ones) she hurtles towards Deccy with a view to throwing herself at him bodily and knocking him off his feet (which she has a fair success rate at if I am not alert to her game). If the length of lead is insufficient, she stops with a jerk and my arm nearly comes out of it's socket.
Even on a shortish lead, she gallops on the spot along the bit of verge, luxuriating in the feel of crisp brown leaves under her feet and even more exciting, they fly up into the air and scatter themselves in a random pattern on the road itself where she can sniff them individually. Then she's off again at top speed.
In the meantime, Deccy has started uncharacteristically straining at his lead, which is the full length so I have a chance of keeping Diva off him, and I am crabbing down the lane with faster and faster steps, on a road always slippery with mud and ... well if you only get mud on your shoes you're doing well.
I don't know what is so exciting about this hill. Is it because Diva thinks she can break free and dash into the nearest field to annoy the bullocks? (fairly dangerous) or the cows with their newborns? (extremely dangerous) - she hasn't seen any sheep yet as they vanish as soon as we are seen leaving the house! Cattle, however, do hold a fascination for her if only because these huge beasts show fear of her if they are up by the gate when we pass and that makes her feel good.
Deccy probably takes advantage of my diverted concentration and as we are nearly home by then, and the next thing to happen once we are in is a large piece of tripe thrown into his waiting jaws, perhaps it's just greed. He gets his collar taken off when we reach the bog track so he can vent his frustration at having to WALK down the hill by galloping the last 30 yards home and doing a circuit of the house which brings him back to the front door just as I reach it with a disappointed Diva......
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Sounds like fun to me pity you can't video this as well, it would be a hoot to watch
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I think I have my hands full lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Could it be because it's getting close to home? With our two, we also come down a hill towards our house and they always play up!! Also at some point down the hill Bara will sit and refuse to budge, like saying she's not ready to go home yet and wants to play more.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 07:37 PM
sounds like fun - hope its a quiet hill so when they do eventually pull you on your bum - no one will see you !!!!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Normally three jeeps a day but knowing my luck they'll all turn up at once if I fall over!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2007, 10:23 PM
love hills esp in the snow,weeeeeeeeee xxzbxx