Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 09:07 PM

Bad News

Hi Guys,
I am in shock,
I rung my friend tonight,and he's just had a major operation on his back and come through it extremely well and was making a good recovery,only for him to tell me tonight he may have prostrate cancer,he has got to have a pre op investigation on monday and then if it is cancer they will operate the following week.
I really hope he's going to be ok,he has always been there for us through thick and thin with our dogs,he helped us with a difficult whelping,is always at the end of the phone with advice if we have any problems.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Sorry to hear this, thinking of him and sending good vibes, keep us posted xxx
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Sorry to hear that Sal,I hope all goes well for him and sending good vibes from here too.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2007, 09:15 PM
my dad had prostate cancer and your in shock at the news at the moment sal.
if they have to operate then they will also cover him with radiotherapy incase it has gone to other organs.
pre op investigations on my dad was a biopsy taken from the prostate gland under local, this is for them to see what grade of cancer it is and how much of the gland is affected, if i remember right they take 6 samples from different areas of the gland, purely to see if the whole gland is affected and the chances of it spreading else where.
i know its a shock i was with my dad when he was told it was cancer but there is light at the end of the tunnel, hes still having injection as hormone therapy to keep the levels low and bloods to check it hasn't come back but has been clear for a few yrs.
it feed of the male hormone so they try drug therapy 1st then go on to radiotherapy unless it warrants surgery.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Sending healing vibes here too
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

22-02-2007, 09:27 PM
So sorry to hear this awful news about your friend. Positive vibes being sent to him, and conmorting cuddles to you. Hope things go okay. Fingers, toes and everything crossed.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Thank you Everybody,
It was such a shock,but he is a fighter and he has loads of support from family and friends.
His grandson is going to stay over to look after the dogs,that all he seems to care about,he tells the doctors he can't be in hospital long because he has dogs to look after He' going to miss crufts this year and to say he's annoyed about it is an understatement.
I will keep you all updated,thanks for your post Anne marie that has given me some hope that things will be ok.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2007, 09:40 PM
thats all my dad cared about, but it gives them something to fight for which isnt a bad thing.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Lots of positive thoughts & healing vibes coming from here.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 08:52 PM
only just caught this thread sending good thoughts and well wishes to ur friend