View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2014, 12:14 PM
Kat - if they are showing no major problems and it is not a non-stop problem, why not continue with the food they are on and just treat each minor problem as it arises?

As far as supervising them if feeding raw, can you not feed them in separate rooms with a door closed in between them?
Carole
Supervisor

04-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Millieswolfheart might be an option. It's free from a lot of things like eggs grain etc.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Pereg is raw fed but on the rare occasions I give Pereg kibble [because that is what she would have to have if she had to be kenneled in an emergency so has to "know" the food], she has Canine Caviar Holistic Chicken and Pearl Millet CANINE CAVIAR.

She has it soaked and then her vegetables added - and frozen cut beans and/or diced mixed vegetables will do instead of the vegetables I usually buy fresh, chunk, blanche and freeze for her, as they could store bags of the ready frozen veggies.

However, she is not allergic to anything and although I never give her processed grains I do give her various types of well-cooked whole grains.
Snowflakes
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by kat14778 View Post
I was wondering what food I could feed my dogs at the moment they have Lily's kitchen and absolutely love it. Raw is not a option as they guard and fight over it more than eat it. The reason I ask the question is I have just had hair analysis done on them both and I now have a long list of allergies for them both and a lot of what is in Lily's kitchen for eg they are allergic to apples blueberries strawberries sunflower oil olive oil cheese lentils quinoa pork tuna wheat yeast garlic squash rosemary and the list goes on any ideas guys of dog foods I may be able to give them thanks in advance for any help
Hi Kat!
I feel for you about food allergies on our buddies. But a Vet have told me that most food allergies are due to grains or meat proteins. Thus, we really have to watch out on what they were eating. I have a routine on trying out new food from my buddies. I always go for SAMPLES FIRST. This way I could give them few pieces or chunks first, then observe on them the whole day how do they react to the new food. Checking on fur sheds, how they scratch and check on their stools and feces for any abnormalities. Actually all basic indications must be a-okay first before I give them the rest of the pack or can. It's d just really so helpless our buddies have to go to the process to know if the food is good for them. All I can do was rescue them to the Vet if they go on diarrhea, choke, etc. after eating out the new food. Its not the same as us humans where we can test the food that we will eat through our senses. I just do hope there are some bright ways we can help them and prevent them from getting ill.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by kat14778 View Post
I was wondering what food I could feed my dogs at the moment they have Lily's kitchen and absolutely love it. Raw is not a option as they guard and fight over it more than eat it. The reason I ask the question is I have just had hair analysis done on them both and I now have a long list of allergies for them both and a lot of what is in Lily's kitchen for eg they are allergic to apples blueberries strawberries sunflower oil olive oil cheese lentils quinoa pork tuna wheat yeast garlic squash rosemary and the list goes on any ideas guys of dog foods I may be able to give them thanks in advance for any help
All commercial dogfood is designed by people(human egocentricities ) thinking.
However, it's pretty hard to change hundreds and/or thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of years of evolution in a few years.
I have 17 sled dogs that are my pride. And joy too. They look after me so I look after them.
Northern spitz breeds, Sibes, Mals, Qimmiqs. I also have 4 Racing mutt huskies.
My dogs will eat just about anything. I enjoy preparing their food. I like to feed them whole animal raw. I have found it very agreeable to their systems.
They will fight if they could reach but all are secured out of each other's reach at feeding time.
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2014, 07:47 AM
I would recommend Millies Wolfheart too.
My Rhodi has had problems and seems to be allergic or intolerant to something. I am in the process of changing to
their food. It seems a brilliant company. Check the web site.
Good luck.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

22-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by jeagibear View Post
I would recommend Millies Wolfheart too.
My Rhodi has had problems and seems to be allergic or intolerant to something. I am in the process of changing to
their food. It seems a brilliant company. Check the web site.
Good luck.
Another convert here too,
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Another convert here too,
Hi ya Jackie...Arn't they Brilliant?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran