View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
silv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2006, 08:43 PM

what do you feed, how often, how many poos?

Hi guys,
Just wondered what feed do you use?
How many meals a day?
How many poos does your dog have a day and are they "firm"?

My Gsd is on Arden Grange senior,twice a day,2 poos,firm.
My Staff is on Burns active,twice a day,about 4 poos.firm......surely thats a bit too many?

thanks
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't think 4 is too many

My old dog Brandie used to go about 4 times a day, sometimes 3 or even 5! She was fed on Chappie, twice a day, and all poos were firm

Bailey is on James Wellbeloved at the moment, twice a day. At first he only "went" twice a day but is now going more, about 3 or 4 times. All firm too.
He'll be starting on Chappie soon though so that could change!

So unless I've been doing something wrong that all sounds normal with your dogs
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Star gets fed Burns and goes about twice a day but Finn is on our pet shops own food at the moment, he is fed double the amount of Star so poos maybe 3 or 4 times a day.

Both dogs nice and firm
Meg
Supervisor

15-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Silv I don't think it is an exact science and dogs do vary , some do more little poos, others do less but bigger poos. Age and excercise play a part in it too .

I think in the winter particularly dogs need two meals a day.

Amy is fed Burns mainly and other things, fish both fresh and dried, veg, I need to keep her quite thin for her heart She poos twice a day mostly and it is firm .
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

15-03-2006, 11:54 PM
I think the output depends very much on the individual dog. Mine, both adult, are fed exactly the same - same food, same quantity - but one 'goes' more frequently than the other.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Mine are all fed on burns, (maddy on burns large puppy). All fed once a day, at lunchtime (1-2pm) BUT they have other *snacks* at breakfast and dinnertime (raw egg, fresh meat, bones, fresh fruit and/or veg, things like that)

So they have a little morning snack, then they have their meal, and an evening snack before bed.

All poo (usually) twice a day, Charlie sometimes does only one. All firm, but Maddy's is slightly *less* firm, still firm enough to pick up, just a little less firm than the other 2 in comparison But vet says it's just a puppy thing and will sort itself out.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Luna is rawfed, twice a day and poos 2 times a day, Finally they are normal (we've had a problem for a while)

Bella (my friend's GSD, who I dogsit for a week) is fed on a danish brand called Hennes (made of salmon), she's fed 2 times a day (this week - normally only once a day, as she's not really keen on food, ALL kind of food) poos anything between 2 and 4 times a day.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Both of mine are fed the same food.........Bandit gets a little more than Millie............. Bandit will do about 3/ 4 a day(unless he is outin the woods, then add another 2/3).................Millie will do 5/6 a day and you would think it came from a great dane the amount she does
LoopyLulu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Lula is on 'James Wellbeloved - Junior', and is fed once in the morning and once at tea time! Her poos vary really between 2/4 a day. And usually firm But sometimes has 'excited' poos when she's out playing or running, where they're a bit 'sloppier' Oooh not very nice talk for 9am, sorry, but you asked!!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Some NatureDiet in the morning.

Home prepared in the evening (raw meat/cooked liver/fish, veg, brown rice, oats, supplements)

Variety of treats and extras - raw chicken bones, fruit, raw veg, home made liver, chicken, turkey, tuna cake, home made liver treats, pigs ears, tripe sticks, raw egg, scrambles egg.

Poos good consistency - well-formed without being runny or cannon ball
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >