Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Just like I said then, the higher the technology, the more likely it is to play you up!
Sadly H this is an aspect of modern day life. The concept of launching something onto the market which has not been fully tested seems to have only come in with computers and software.

I have tried to get this point across to software people at various times in the past but they all maintain you can't test everything in a software program and therefore the poor old customer has to be part of the development programme to which I usually reply with two words, one of which is 'off'
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 12:08 PM
No you wouldn't H, if I know you, you're far too nice to say anything like that!!! However, if it were me, then that's a different story!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
No you wouldn't H, if I know you, you're far too nice to say anything like that!!! However, if it were me, then that's a different story!!!!

Hope you find your replacement dish washer. We will be looking for a food centre latter this year (inspired, or even blatantly poaching your idea ) Don't know if Bosch do one yet, what make is yours
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I got the LG one H. Don't go for the ones with the water dispenser, coz quite honestly it takes up all that room for what??? I'd far rather have more space in the freezer side than a huge cold water dispenser when I can get that out of the tap! The LG is quite highly rated too, and I'm well pleased with it I would have gone for the Samsung (to match the telly's!!!Lol!) because it was black, and I wanted black out in the bootrom coz it's all black and white units and flooring, BUT, have to say, I've since read terrible reports about the Samsung one (again though, the one without the water dispenser) and it was even featured on Watchdog about it blowing up after only a short time, so I'm glad I stuck with the LG even though it is white! Pure luck that was!
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:35 PM
i have dishwasher called Colin LOL LOL
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Ours is a Miele and the best we've ever had, the programs are updated via the engineers computer free of charge, it's lovely and quiet and does some really quick washes.

We've had a few over the years, Zanussi, Hotpoint, although the Miele was the most expensive it's definitely the best....as the saying goes, you only get what you pay for!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Now there is a nice Miele I've been looking at, and like you say, a bit pricey £680 odd which in this day and age is going back to the old days when you had to pay at least £400 when that was a LOT of money in those days, I'm going back 20 years here!!!

I'm getting really fed up with this washing up lark I can tell you, so tomorrow I'm off to shop around, I can't wait for delivery from the internet sites, I want it NOW and Dave said he will shove it in for me tomorrow night when he gets home. They're easy peasy to plumb in coz I actually plumbed this one in myself 5 years ago!!! Yes I know, but at the time, they wouldn't take the old one away and we'd already pulled ours out, so I had 2 great big dishwashers stuck in the middle of my kitchen so I had to take drastic action and get the mollgrips out! Lol! It's worked fine though, no leaks!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3