View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 05:05 PM
I am very proud to say that all mine are fantastic with animals. They like cats, rabbits, horses, even the hamster!...tho have never let my sighthounds off near any sheep.......obviously, and i wouldnt, but i dont think they would bother with them either...great big lumps!!!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 05:17 PM
yes, they are fine with everything so far. They are all good with other dogs and cats. They try to initiate play with other animals such as horses and sheep, so obviously I keep them on a lead near livestock, but they wouldn't think of killing another animal. So far Rogue my JRT has little interest in hunting, but her instincts will probably kick in as she matures. It's quite nice having dogs with very low prey drive, as I used to have my arm pulled out of it's socket by Loki when he spotted a cat. We'll have to get used to all that again no doubt when we get our Mal.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Our doodles are brill with all other animals and love mice, hedgehogs, birds, you name it. A friends Retreiver has a habit of digging up voles/mice nests on the Downs and when they come running out our 2 are really protective of them as the Retriever tryies to eat them and Ruby and Dyson won't let her.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I am assumming you mean the non doggy kind?

Shunka is fab , the darling xxx
Kaliska is good
Thunder pretty much wants to eat other animals, although touch wood, he is getting on fine with the hedgehogs that visit us in the evenings and is good, now, with the birds I feed in our garden.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm not entirely sure with Molly.

I have a guinea pig who lives indoors but Molly hasn't met her yet. Mainly because Molly is very barky & I think the shock would kill my little old guinea pig! So for that reason they haven't been introduced.

When we're on walks she will chase birds and occasionally cats will catch her eye but I think she has been put off them since she tried to chase one & it stood up to her She will eyeball the frogs in our pond too but so far has never tried to catch one, I think she just likes creeping up on them & seeing them pop back down! As for livestock, she doesn't seem to have any interest in sheep or cows & hasn't shown any interest in horses either

EDIT: Just found out she's not good with moths...
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Zeus my Labrador is lovely with any animal. He loves being around the chickens and licking the rabbit.

Momo on the other had is a terror, she tried to eat the chickens. She's nice with the rabbit, something tells me if he weren't in a cage he'd be fair game. She's ok with confident dogs but if she knows they are timid then they are fair game to.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 06:20 PM
My collie and collie cross get on with any animal! They walk through a field of sheep (and there are lots around here!!) and take no notice of them at all. people always look at me as if to say put them on a lead but I really don't need to. they're geat.
However....my 2 lurchers and greyhound are awful!! They would kill livestock if they could and they absolutley detest cats!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Dahlia loves cats. LOVES THEM. She can't wait to go visit our upstairs neighbors because she gets to hang with the kitties. When we see cats out on our walk she wants to lay down and have them come to her. Silly girl.

She's been fine around a relative's guinea pig, though we didn't let the two really interact at all.

She chases squirrels and chipmunks, and attempts to herd the large groups of ducks, geese, and seagulls that gather near our local pond.

I've not had a chance to get her near livestock, but I always wonder what her reactions would be!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3