View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Total crazy day again and it is still not even 1pm.

Pereg is OK - for the moment - but I had problems with power going off yet again with two sockets.

So Oren, my tall, dark and handsome hashmali [electrician] turned up within an hour of me telephoning him. That is three times so far this week.

First time OK it was the outside lights, which he fixed - one was smashed so he replaced it.

Second time it was just two sockets and he could not find what was wrong.

Just now he found what it was and fixed it. PHEW

Turned out that somehow ????? the outside water wotsit from the salon air-con had been broken [maybe at the same time as the outside light was smashed?] so water was leaking inside and caused a socket to blow.

All now fixed as Oren re-fitted my "Heath Robinson" contraption outside to take the water from the air-con away from the wall - and everything is now OK.

I hope.

He had not been able to find a cause for the problem the second time - the first was obvious as it was the outside lights, but this morning he found damp in an extension socket - traced it back outside and it was a leakage from the air-con as the outside piping had broken.

He has now re-fitted my Health Robinson contraption and the water is going outside where it should. And all my lights and sockets have been checked yet again and all is well. Strange that when he checked on Tuesday, or whenever, there was no obvious water leakage inside. But I guess these things happen and probably the leakage was too slow for it to show then.

One more power cut in this bungalow and whether my landlady likes it or not, the place will have to be totally re-wired.

SIGH

I am now waiting for the delumtious Doron to check the batteries on Tontoo and tell me how much it will cost for them to be replaced.

SIGH
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Sun coming out here and quite warm. Started changing pics on my wall and woops some paint came off. Managed to stick it back on as didn't have any paint to cover it with. Looks like I will have to do a paint job sometime. I hate painting. So must find someone that can. Hope you manage to get more conkers NippyJen. Poor dog Lynn. Hope the outcome is good. Off to do some weeding oh and to peel some beetroot. Have fun all. Hope Pereg is ok. bfn.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Morning

How long are you going to stay in Devon, Lynn? I wish I could come too with the kids for that lovely Sunday roast. Maybe we could come in convoy?

I hope you get to the bottom of this dog, Lynn . I hope Pereg is okay and I hope Eileen's hound can be helped.

Parents' consultation tonight - we only get ten minutes and it's timed! I have a few things I want to discuss so might have to make an appointment for another time.

I'm just off with Loki shortly for his second walk.

Have a good day everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Elaine, Geraniums need some frost protection so either fleece them over or remove them into a greenhouse if a frost threatens. We are going to get frosts from anytime now onwards so I am lucky I have a shed which has a large glass front to it so it acts like a greenhouse and I hang all my macramé slings with the geraniums up in there.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Linda - I have just spoken with Ram and he is thrilled that Pereg went 67 days sz-free so we will just carry on just as we are with no added Kbr.

I have no idea whether it was a one off, but with 20 minute seizures the last thing we want are clusters, so I am counting the hours until 24 hours are up. Or she will have another GM or she will not. Just have to wait and see, but with all this balagan with the electricity and then Pereg's GM yesterday - and no sleep for me - I am totally exhausted and feel like I have gone through a huge mangle.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 10:23 AM
hi, all, everyone off to nippys................ room for a little one??? Lol
Lynn, hope you get the dog sorted out, lucky you went that way today, i hope if she has had her pups that they are all o.k
i am not keeping up very well but hope everyone is o.k
i had to get up twice again last night and ended up with the pup in my bed, no sooner was she in she wriggled to my feet and settle down, the reason she kept whinging was she had pee'd on her blanket, changed that and she did it again...despite being out for a wee twice Lol, of course Kota had to get up too, had her in my bed at one point but she wouldn't settle so i popped her in her crate again. Pups small crate has arrived today so i have set that up and just put her in it, she barked and howled for about 10 minutes but has now settled, my thinking is if i get her in it now and she realises howling gets no response she may be better at night... little s*d keeps pee'ing on her bedding though. My parents were supposed to go to portugal on saturday, they have cancelled their holiday as they weren't sure i could cope Lol so at least there will be 3 pairs of hands about
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Coffee time

Mandy LS and griff added to the list Better take my shopping trolly with me when I go!
Mandy one thing you will never get in this house is lamb Do enjoy a bit of fresh Brixham fish though!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Just got back from taking Amber and Blue out for a ride. She has settled down now with a chicken drumstick.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Hi again everyone

Tumbleweed, I take my hat off to you both with the speedy refurb on the house, cos we're still plugging away at ours and it's been 2 1/2 years! Mind you, ours wasn't quite so cosmetic as yours, with the whole lounge being rewired, new flooring underneath, big new beam in the garage underneath, poor Dave, but you never know what you've got to deal with until you're in do you. I just stick to the cosmetic bits, so I get all the credit lol!

Lynn, oh that poor dog, how anybody can do that is beyond me. Are there any shops over the road from that green? I'm thinking and hoping that he might have preferred to tie him up on a green instead of outside a shop maybe? Good luck with the RSPCA if he's still there.

Brenda, I did see the pics of your gorgeous Tyto yesterday, and the beautiful shepherd you used to have with the collies

Well, plumber has been up to the little van and gas tested it and he's moved the huge cylinders around the back instead of where they were precariously positioned around the side. The other couple who do my cleaning, have now finished the outside of the big van and completely transformed the garden, and they said it now looks beautiful, so my caravan work is done..

I've been to Asda, did a mahoosive shop, put all that away, and then took Zena out for another hour in the woods, cos I really must make the most of this beautiful dry weather, cos in the winter, I just can't be a*sed with 2 walks I'm afraid.

Right, off for a bit of lunch and then start packing Zena's kit, which won't take long cos she only needs her ball, but you'd better make room for my big suitcase in that car Lynn, I have a few pairs of shoes don'tchaknow
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Malka, sorry you are having it rough just hope Pereg will be ok soon and not sz again.
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »