Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 09:21 PM

Frog in the dining room

I previously have written about Jimmi catching a frog and suffering for a while afterwards. I wondered if he had learnt his lesson, but clearly not! A few minutes ago I was happily bouncing between Dogsey and my family history research when my husband started bellowing to some pan handle........the bleeping dog has brought a frog into the house, DO something!

I rushed through, and there on the carpet was a very much alive but upside down frog, poor thing - and Jimmi was standing looking a little bemused that he was not being praised for his act (also sopping wet and covered in stuff from the bushes). I have returned the frog to the pond, but suspect that as JRTs are not known for their soft mouths it may have suffered permanent damage.

This is the first time that he has brought his trophy inside for our inspection, and as when I was returning from the pond I heard some awful squealing from the undergrowth where Jimmi had disappeared into I suspect that he has just dealt with some other poor creature, all doors from the kitchen are now firmly closed. He refused to come when called, so I have no idea what animal he has now dealt with but there is no way that he is bringing it in to the rest of the house.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 09:28 PM
OMGoodness It would have been me screaming at my hubby to get the frog out..........I have a massive fear of them!

Hope Jimmi doesn't bring you anything else to inspect
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 09:31 PM
I know Lou.........that's why the doors from the kitchen are firmly closed at the moment!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Can only think of one thing to say....eeeekkkkk!!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
Can only think of one thing to say....eeeekkkkk!!!
Yes - quite bad enough during the daylight hours, but at night............... I may well have the odd nightmare
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 11:11 PM
OMG that would be my worst nightmare as I have a really bad phobia of frogs and toads.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Ooh not nice at all!

They all seem to be out because of the rain, I've got a bunch of them sat on my patio! Molly got a bit curious & was sniffing them when she went out for her late night pee. She nearly leapt out of her skin when one jumped at her
miz66
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Hi did the frog scream? years ago we had a pond and my then Border Collie caught one I have never heard a noise like it, the frog just screamed he dropped it and it hopped off. He also caught a field mouse aswell there was just a tail dangling at the side of his mouth, oh what fun!!!
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Be grateful it was whole frog, a while back as i was sat in the kitchen minding my own business two of the dogs rushed in playing tuggy with something, they have a toy box so i took no notice, until there was a rather revolting popping noise under my chair...... yup headless frog, I never did find the head.......
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Oh dear, some of those stories are revolting!!!

I have to report that I may have done Jimmi an injustice, and the situation is MUCH worse than I previously thought.

This morning, whilst hoovering and miles away in my thoughts, I turned a corner by the bookcase in the hall and there............very large and very alive.............was another frog. I am not a woman who yelps for nothing, so my strangled scream brought husband running Fortunately it was close to the front door and we managed to persuade it to leave with the aid of some cardboard, or rather husband did because I was not keen on giving myself a heart attack if it suddenly leapt in the wrong direction.

Now the thing is this - it did seem slightly odd last night that Jimmi brought his frog inside, he has never brought anything in before, and having found this second one I have come to the conclusion that the wretched things came in the open back door of their own free will. OMG - I go around in bare feet

I am not happy. What if it happens again tonight.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >