Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:45 PM

So much for the good news... so Christmas is Cancelled

Despite the great number of good wishes from everyone on here for which I am grateful, the job interview was a total disaster so it's back to the drawing board.
It was good to think for 24 hours that things were turning the corner, but it's another brick wall.
Thanks for the support.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:46 PM
oh no huni! what went wrong???
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Awwww whats up hun,xxxxxxxxxxxxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Aww things will turn up soon, dont be so down.toni xx
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Did they say you didn't get the job? If not you might hear from them even though you think it didnt go so well.

Even if that one doesn't work out there will be a much better job come up.

Try and think positive. Things will get better xxxx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 11:09 PM
When I got there (with five minutes to spare) I could see an interview taking place in the front office (no blinds or curtains). The main door had an intercom, I was let into an empty and tatty reception area and sat down. I was there for 50 minutes before the previous candidate emerged, with the MD (as it turned out) and the HR woman who apologised very briefly and said she would be back in a minute. She returned and ushered me into the room. There were some empty and part empty plastic cups of water which she cleared away. I was not offered a drink even though I had driven nearly an hour there and waited a further 50 minutes after my due time. The MD didn't return so it was just a chat with the HR lady.
That was just bizarre. She only went into the last 18 months of my 32 year CV (although I have shaved it down to last 20 years, since I qualified) and not in any depth as she admitted to not knowing much about my profession. Even the standard HR type questions were weird. Usually there is an accountant at interviews for the technical stuff.
After that I simply blew it myself by saying stupid things and gabbling and considering there were no tricky questions or traps (remember I have recruited myself so I am well up on certain techniques!) it was all completely avoidable. They are seeing quite a lot of people too.
I must have a career death wish.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Deccy, sending hugs, not as good as a job i know but i havn`t got one of those......
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh Gill.......

I'm sorry hun,thinking of you & sending big hugs xx
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 11:14 PM
It seems to me that they blew it rather than you - they seem to have poor business manors!!!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Even if that one doesn't work out there will be a much better job come up
Maybe... but it's taken 7 months to get my FIRST interview for a permanent job, in another 3 months my state support for the mortgage ceases so I am running out of time.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »