View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Welsh Springer Spaniel Rescue - Options??

My ex is looking to rehome a welsh springer. Unfortunately the rescues he has approached will not rehome to a family with children under 6!!

Does anyone know of any rescues (north west pref.) who will rehome to decent, honest people who have a small child?

They're more than capable of being responsible dog owners, and what taking on a rescue means.

It's either that or approach a breeder and they're more than happy to rescue so seems a real shame.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

12-09-2010, 02:43 PM
have you tried springer spaniel rescue scotland?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
If your looking for a welsh springer you need to ring the breed co ordinator for your area. To be honest there such a small breed theres not many go through rescue a year and some of them possibly will say no children mainly because there not used to them.
I do know of a Welshie bitch that needs rehoming but ints in Bedfordshire and I'm not sure if its ok with children I do know it cant be rehomed with other dogs.
Also if they want a puppy they need to research the breeders carefully and possibly put there name down now, as I know most of us have waiting lists as long as your arm, there was just over 350 pups registered last year so there not easy to find.
Good luck if you need to know the area co-ordinator please feel free to pm me. .
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Ta for that. I'm asking on someone elses behalf, so I'll pass it on. I'll see how they feel about that and ask if they want the area coordinator. I've already advised they speak to a few breeders for research/advice alone regardless of how they choose to get a dog (breeder or rescue).
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 10:04 PM
AS far as I'm aware there is not much in breed rescue at the moment and I dont recommend they go to the RSPCA etc and we know our breed and can assess thew dog.
Some times you can get lucky and get an ex show dog that didnt quite make the grade though