Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 08:14 PM

A selfie...

I don't know why I take these stupid things, and I know even less why I post them. But I took several before going out today for some reason.

Though I am more or less one giant walking health problem right now, I think they actually turned out OKAY. Once I kinda-ish got ready, I didn't look as totally crappy as I felt to myself and kinda made myself feel better, which is why I love this photo.

Have you ever taken (or had taken) a photo of yourself that you've just adored for some reason? If so, you kinda get what I mean.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-12-2014, 08:17 PM
I love that photo Myra! xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks, Malka. I do, too. I look like I normally look, even though I don't FEEL like I normally feel. At least it makes me confident that I don't come off looking as if I could die at any moment to people.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

19-12-2014, 08:46 PM
I am so un-photogenic that I rarely have photos taken of me - and I cannot do "selfies"!

But I quite like this one...

Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Nice photos Myra and Malka
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Lovely ladies xxx.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2014, 12:45 AM
That one is great, Malka. The giant silver thing looks REALLY fancy, too! Don't think I've quite seen one like it here. Very intriguing.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

20-12-2014, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
That one is great, Malka. The giant silver thing looks REALLY fancy, too! Don't think I've quite seen one like it here. Very intriguing.
The "giant silver thing" is not called The Silver Monster for nothing! He really is massive, actually being a double-seater, double-width [hence the "running boards" which make the footrest wider], double-power, on-or-off-road mobility scooter. But the elderly man who wanted a double seater only wanted the basic one.

So the delumptious Doron, my wheelie guy, got the importers to do a switch. They took the double seat off The Silver Monster and put it on the basic scooter and put a large single "captain's chair" on this one... and that is how I ended up with him and everyone was happy. A one-off, probably never to be seen again, and rather OTT for just taking Da Booga out round the Moshav and on the tractor paths, but she does not complain!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2014, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
The "giant silver thing" is not called The Silver Monster for nothing! He really is massive, actually being a double-seater, double-width [hence the "running boards" which make the footrest wider], double-power, on-or-off-road mobility scooter. But the elderly man who wanted a double seater only wanted the basic one.

So the delumptious Doron, my wheelie guy, got the importers to do a switch. They took the double seat off The Silver Monster and put it on the basic scooter and put a large single "captain's chair" on this one... and that is how I ended up with him and everyone was happy. A one-off, probably never to be seen again, and rather OTT for just taking Da Booga out round the Moshav and on the tractor paths, but she does not complain!
It's not OTT, it's really nice. Looks comfy, too. Better than a small, crappy car with no leg room and seat belt thingies digging into everywhere and the actual belt CONSTANTLY locking because of UPPER BODY bulk that they were not built for.

So it's either don't wear the seat belt at all and risk going through the windshield in a serious front collision, or wear it and every time you move an inch, have it LOCK you in tight as if you has crashed, and you have to open it, let it go all the way back, and then re-attach it each time the car stops... ONLY to have it happen again within a short period of time.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

20-12-2014, 07:20 AM
It is not a car, just a rather large mobility scooter! What is wonderful though is that everything is adjustable. Height of seat, moveable of seat forwards or backwards. Angle of seat. Arms can be extended widthways for larger users - also moveable up and down, and the front fork is also movable forwards or more upright. And the seat swivels of course for ease of getting on/off.

Actually just about everything is adjustable.

Which is why I say it is a one-off and short of a disaster, will be the last road scooter I have. Not bothered about my little foldable scooter as they cost peanuts in comparison, but The Silver Monster could never be replaced. Oh, and of course he is insured but you can only insure a mobility scooter here for third party.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >