Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodo's mom
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Several ticks left bumps behind

Hi!... my ex and I share custody of one of my dogs... Bodo... he's an Italian Greyhound (my dog... not my ex... I have other names for my ex) Anyhow, He took Bodo camping with him for a couple of nights up in the Sequoia National Forest and when he brought Bodo home, he was covered in ticks. They were teeny, tiny ticks and they were all around his eyes... even attached to the lids of his eyes. The ticks were so small... I wouldn't have even noticed them if it weren't for the fact that I was checking him for ticks and fleas and I had him under a bright light. I removed a total of nineteen ticks from his eye area! I called Bodo's vet and explained what happened... just in case he needed to be put on antibiotics for preventative measures. The vet said that he should be fine and to just keep an eye on him. This was almost three weeks ago and Bodo has been fine... no signs of any illness. What I did notice though, is that Bodo now has little bumps on his eye lids... about eight bumps all together and one bump on his belly where another tick was removed. The ticks were so small and they came off very easily... I don't think that they were on him long enough to burrow their heads and start engorging themselves, but I could be wrong. Does anyone have any experience with this?... is it possible that the ticks heads are still under his skin? The bumps don't look red or swollen... they actually look like little warts and they don't look like they'll be going away anytime soon.

Any thoughts on what these bumps could be, would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

Peace & light
Rhea