Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
luvmydogs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2010, 11:17 PM

Are Shadow's sores abscesses?

Noticed Shadow the G.S.D. had a weeping sore on both of his back legs about 1 inch above where his feet touch the ground.
Took him to the vet. She had a good look at them (not an easy job with Shadow) and said she thought they looked like abscesses, but didn't know how he had come to get them in exactly the same place on both legs. It is unlikely he has been bitten or stung in the same place. Anyway he has a course of antibiotics and has to wear one of those collars to stop him licking them. He doesn't mind wearing the collar, but he's taking the paint off the doors and paper off the walls bumping into things and when i'm not looking, Holly the Lab licks them for him
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Might he have backed into something hot? I hope he`s better soon.
luvmydogs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Nothing hot he could have backed into, but he could have backed onto something rough outside. When they chase and play-fight Holly is always backing him into corners. My guess would be she's pushed him up against a brick wall, but the vet didn't think so.
The swelling seems to have gone a little and there is less puss coming out now so hopefully he is on the mend.