Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:12 PM

Logan, Staffiex, DOB 03.09

Logan, Staffiex, DOB 03.09

His Story: Logan was found stray in Yorkshire with an untreated skin condition which had caused him to loose most of his fur.

Salient points: Logan is about 1 year old and recovering from an untreated skin / fur problem. Very good temperament. He loves dogs and people. Meets children really well. Young and quick to learn and adapt his behaviour to expectations and approval around him. His skin condition is not contagious and is effectively cured, it is non recurrent as it related to untreated flea/mite infestation in the past. Logan is fostered with 2 other dogs.

Advert: Logan ... we just can't sing his praises loud enough. He is young, happy and full of fun. He is looking for his very own family and if that involves another dog(s) that would be great! He has responded well to flea/mite treatment and his fur in really growing back and he hasn't scratched since treatment began. He is medium sized, slight in weight, not high energy though adores his walks. He is off lead and recall is good once he knows his territory and owner(s).

Logan is a good all round cross breed dog who is fluent with dogs and great with people. He listens and adjusts to feed back. He will need a settling in period to get to know what is expected of him, but will soon be bringing your slippers and opening your paper!

Watch Logan on video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jkIpe1qlAg

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 05:57 AM
What a gorgeous boy

Hope you get your forever home real soon, lad x

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-05-2010, 06:52 PM
An update from Logan’s fosterer’s sister who has taken him in for a long weekend:

“I was very happy to have Logi for a long weekend, but a little nervous about how he would fit into our hectic house and get on with our young, not -neutered Springer. Logi hasn't batted an eyelid, he made himself at home, quickly made friends with the whole household and seems unfazed by anything. I can't believe he hasn't been re-homed yet, he is such an easy dog.

So far we have had perfect recall, both when walked by me and by a friend he had never met. He will sit and stay in car until told he can jump out and after a short training session was walking very nicely on he lead. He barked at some horses on our first walk but I took him to watch my daughters riding today and now seems pretty bored by them. He is very sensible with other dogs, he played much more gently with friends little Norfolk Terrier than with my Springer who he seemed to sense is happy to play more exuberant games.

He loves having something to chew (a stuffed kong was particularly welcome) but hasn't stolen or destroyed anything, this despite my daughters shoes always being left around. On Friday he was accidentally shut in the kitchen with a buffet lunch for 12 on the table and he didn't move from his bean bag - amazing. He did have an extreme reaction when we showed him the bathroom and invited him to have a bath, he was very panicky, but was very comfortable to be washed outside with a hose, what a joy to wash and dry a Staffie compared to a Springer”!

Logi & his Springer friend ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy_XiDLkBRQ
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Having had the remains of a quiche for lunch Logie and the others decide a little doze is in order ...

Logan is currently in foster and waiting for his forever home to find him.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-08-2010, 09:53 PM
An update from Logan's fosterer:

"Logie's fur continues to grow back but much slower that we had hoped. The vet thinks it could still take a while to come back completely. However, other than that, the boy prince is in fine form. Here are a few pictures of an encounter with a beautiful princess on Clapham Common..... "

Closed Thread