Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-01-2010, 09:17 PM

Mary, Terrier x Staffie, 1 year old

Mary, Terrier x Staffie, 1 year old

Her Story: Mary was found stray unclaimed and ran out of time. She was offered a rescue place then they reneged leaving her with the 'next day execution'. "Of course we will take her" - Mary we'll always have room in our Inn!

Salient points: Mary is young with a puppy energy feel which is very pure, but being a 'bitch' will tend to put others in their place, she does do nicely. Fostered for 10 days with 2 Staffies, a Terrier and a Collie, as a Xmas foster, but needed to come to kennels.

Advert: Beautiful Mary so pure, so pretty, so sweet. She is lively and needs people with time to give her to play out her puppy ways. She is a titch a tiny Staffie cross with almost a Terrier feel and will appeal to Terrier lovers for sure. Mary is a very rewarding dog and a pleasure. Very responsive to praise and training and coped so well living with 5 other dogs over the Xmas and New year period.

Mary, oh Mary, who came our way at Christmas and will move on to her home when she will no longer need our shelter. Such a delight and although she may have a few personality traits to adjust to we haven't seen any real issues as yet. Mary awaits her new life..what a gift of joy she is.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Fingers crossed she gets her forever home in 2010 xxxxxxx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh my, she is gorgeous! Can't sneak her up north can you
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Everything crossed for you pretty lady
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2010, 07:28 AM
What a cracking girl - I'm loving those ears

Good luck finding a new home for this beautiful bitch x0x

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Mary is now back in kennels after her time with Christmas fosterers and their pack. A few pictures of her relaxing there:

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-01-2010, 07:36 PM
A few more photos of Mary before she came back to kennels ...

Our volunteer kennel walkers walked Mary with Sparkle today and they walked really well together. What a lovely little dog very obedient and she really enjoyed a run in the snow and was very busy sniffing everything! She'll make a lovely pet for someone - soon please she's not enjoying being back in kennels after being fostered for Christmas!

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2010, 07:52 PM
What a darned shame she is so far south. In all seriousness, she is adorable. I'd take her like a shot (hubby notwithstanding).
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-01-2010, 10:22 PM
An unfolding diary on Mary over the last couple of days by Lynne:

Sun 17th Jan
Little Mary isn’t well. She went off her feet today so I drove her to the vets. He examined her all over and its a puzzled picture. She is currently with me mixed with my 5 dogs, but not walking around. She can walk when helped to stand and take little steps. She is housetrained and makes a point of using the garden and slowly walking back.

Later that day
Mary had a little lamb...with rice noodles. Then Mary had another little lamb with onions and rice.

Mary shocked me, she is hardly walking and I left her with hubby downstairs. I was on the PC and got up to answer the phone and there she was standing into my legs exactly as Toby does..she had come upstairs and found me.

She is crying downstairs very faintly..I'll go down and carry her up so she can feel safe within her new pack.

Mon 18th Jan - Morning

Mary has now been admitted to the vets to run tests. The cortisone injection obviously helped, but as it wore off she again went off her feet.

Evening
Mary is now and walking and again mixing with 5 other dogs beautifully. She has been put on heavy antibiotic combinations and steroids. She is brightish, has drunk, eaten a little, used the garden all since I got home at 7.30pm

Tue 19th Jan

Mary is MUCH better today. She had a shower and has adorned a coat to keep her cosy. She is mixing with all my pack as though she is always been here (and always will!) Managing to get all her tablets down her as her appetite has returned. Off to pick Rumpole up from the vets and to take him to kennels and am buying her some fresh meat on the way back to build her up.

Sweetiest little love that ever walked the earth!

Here she is with Mr Toblerone and Glenn

Mary is still looking for her forever home!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Thank goodness she perked up. My heart has gone out to her. I really hope she finds a forever home soon, she's beautiful.

If I had the money I'd come get her...she's gorgeous and I'm a sucker for those ears.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >