Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Zebedee in the snow today - live video:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23528841@N04/4250054843/

He loved walking in it, but not going in the garden, his first little accident indoors ops:

Still being a little angel ( except with his interdog skills).

Zebedee is still looking for his forever home!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Such a gorgeous boy. I'm hoping that he finds his forever home really soon xxx

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
An update from Zebedee's fosterer:

What is making that noise?

It is a bit worrying...

Really I don't like it.

This is what did it:

Me worried - never...

This snow ball is bigger than me

Let's go :

Actually had a great walk - just a scary couple of minutes )
Also lots of sniffing going on between Zebedee and my dogs through the bars of his crate. He'd like to be friends if he knew how
His little holiday here has been extended by a few days because of the weather. I don't know how I am going to take him back without crying - we all love him but he was never going to be a long term foster - circumstances here just aren't right. But he is so good in his crate - quiet, clean and so patient . He is let in the garden at 10pm and goes through until 6.30am in his crate - how good is that He is housetrained, walks reasonably on a lead. He has so much love to give - someone is going to be very lucky to have him in their lives.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Another update from Zeb's foster home - they have greyhounds ...

Zebedee had his first proper run with my dogs today - it was lovely to watch. He is ok for a while but couldn't be trusted without the muzzle yet. He had a lovely run with my greyhounds which is great because we don't know when if ever he has had that opportunity. I will try and get a picture tomorrow because anyone who knows greyhounds will know that there won't be a repeat peformance later

Here's one of him helping take down the decorations
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Zebedee’s short-term foster placement has come to and end. He returned to kennels today and found an old friend ...

Zebedee found his beloved ball :

Let me at it...

Nearly there..

Got it

Zeb liked it in foster and would like to do it again. He is also still looking for his forever home.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-01-2010, 11:06 PM
An update from the kennels - Zebedee is still looking for his forever home!

"Took Zebedee on a good long walk to the village today to get a sandwich. He was fascinated going over the motorway bridge. We shared the sandwich but I did try and tell him he wouldn't like the orange juice and he nearly got to test it I had lots of cuddles and kisses especially when I sat on a bench to eat. It was still raining a bit - I sat on a carrier bag on a bench and we probably looked a strange sight, but we had fun!

Zebedee is still showing the marks from when he was attacked by an off lead dog"!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-03-2010, 09:37 PM
An update from Lynne ...

I took Zebedee out for the day today to give him much needed relief from kennels. He travelled in the front seat of my car and settled well. After we had dropped Logan and Mr D'Arcy off at the vets we headed for home and went for a lovely river walk in the spring air. Zebedee met a few dogs and one was off lead seen in the distance and was spotted then he decided to avoid..bless. Sums up Zebs confidence level.

He then waited patiently in the car whilst I sorted the gang out. Once sorted I bought him into our garden to relax then he had a warm shower and a big bowl of Nature Diet lamb. He sat on my lap peacefully in the afternoon sun. Dogs forget they are fully grown they just resort to those puppy moments of comfort and nurture. His eyes were red on collection, but by the time we set off to pick the lads up they were pink. He had a booster vacs and a full check over. He did get wary of the vet which surprised me .. so we muzzled just in case .. injection over, muzzle off and treats were sat for and gratefully received. I think he understood I had no option, but to return him to 'his hell'; I told him a few times on the journey back. But promised as ever it won't be for long ... please let it not be long.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Another update from one of our volunteer walkers:

"Varied our walk today to go along the road just to touch base with reality. Zebedee didn't show a flicker of interest in cars zooming by, but movement in the hedge now thats different. Lovely long walk he was calm once he got outside the kennel and very loving".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-04-2010, 08:34 PM

"My Name is Zebedee and apparently I am a staffie. I have been living in rescue kennels for as long as I can remember. Before that I lived with people. When I was a little puppy I was so popular and everybody in my life loved me. How that changed!

I tried my best but I didn't know what I was meant to do. I loved my people but that wasn't enough. They got bored of me and didn't teach me how to behave. I didn't get to meet other puppies and dogs so now I don't really know what to make of other dogs - they scare me a bit, I don't trust them so I have to warn them to keep away sometimes. I would love to play with them though - I just don't know how. Other dogs think I'm rude because no-one taught me how to talk to other dogs. When they give me a funny look or say I'm rude I do get cross and scared sometimes. When I was younger I had so much energy and didn't know how to use it so my people kept sending me away. I tried my best to be good but nobody taught me how. They would just get cross and say it was my fault. All I wanted to do was play and have big hugs and give lots of kisses all over their faces or look into their eyes and tell them I loved them.

Then one day I ended up on Death Row - it was just a kennel where I had food and water but there was a sadness too. I didn't understand why. Other dogs left with tails wagging and new people in their lives but not me. I was moved to a new place in a new kennel which was the start of where I am now. In this new kennel were some kind people who got to know me and cared for me even though I got cross at the dogs in the other kennels. I had food, water and a comfy bed but most of all I had people who were there for me and they were there every day. Mostly they were busy but sometimes we would play together and that was just so good.

Then I started to go out for walks too - not very often but I really looked forward to it. I used to have a run in the paddock but nothing as good as going for a walk down the lane seeing other people, horses, cows and lots of intersting things. The best trip was to the cafe where I would get a lovely cuddle and a few scraps of bacon. When I got back from my walk I could sit in my kennel and have a good think about all I had seen.

Then I started to meet other dogs and I began to realise that some of them aren't scary at all especially if we don't get to close. I still didn't like them near me in the kennels because it is so noisy and smelly, it all gets a bit too much for some of us dogs.

Then a good thing happened - I became a lucky dog who was going to be looked after by a rescue and they would always be there for me whatever happened and I would never have to go back to that sad place. So many of us never get that chance. I don't know what it means but I am a staffie - some people think that means bad but others know it is a good thing. We staffies love people so much and just want to make you happy - we don't jump up to scare you or bite you - we want to kiss you and lick your face to show what a good dog we are. Once I was an official rescue dog, I got lots of new friends who would come and walk me. Another thing happened which was good and I got moved into a lovely new kennel block where I could see lots of people. This stopped me worrying all the time about the other dogs and getting lonely. Every time people walked past I would get a stroke or a kind word and it made me so happy and relaxed. I was a different dog - instead of trying to get to the people at the kennels when I was in the paddock I just had a mooch about investigating everything. It was fun and I didn't have any worries. I had my kennel people, I had my perfectly situated kennel and I had my walkers who loved me. Life was beginning to feel good.

Now I was less worried my upset tummy went away too and I filed out a bit. All my special people were so pleased with how I was getting on. Once or twice I had visitors but they chose someone else. Then things got a bit scary - I had to move to another kennel. My upset tummy came back and I was worried. I couldn't see the people anymore all day and I missed it so much. My walkers hardly came at all, something about being too far to travel. There were lots of new dogs and people. The new people were kind but they weren't my people I knew. One of my walkers still came to see me and my rescue lady came too. It was nice to see them so I felt a bit safer. Now though I was back to my old habits of jumping in the kennel and worrying. I was sad and not looking well at all so my special people who would always look after me made sure I got lots more to eat and special food that wouldn't upset me. I started to feel a bit better for a while but it got cold and every day seemed to get worse. People were sad when they visited because they knew I was sad.

Then one day my special walker who had been with me since my jouney from death row began took me home. I would like to say I was the perfect house guest but I did try my very best. I had a special safe place called a crate where I had toys, treats and a blanket and I was indoors and warm. Best of all I could see people and dogs going about there day even when I was in my crate. I did some mixing with the dogs too although I did get scared sometimes and overexcited so I had to wear a muzzle just so we were all safe. I had a good run in the big garden but best of all I liked to play with my ball in the snow. I got to play with the children in the family and got lots of cuddles. I really tried my best and made sure I did my business in the garden. I lay down in my crate and was as quiet as a mouse all night every night. The snow was so bad that I had to stay longer than planned but I had lots of lovely food a nice rest and really started to feel better. A walk every day and lots of runs in the garden - what more could I ask for.

But I did have to go back - I went to another kennel where they said I could have a special kennel near all the people. Unfortunately that didn't work out because I couldn't get used to the other dogs near me and got very upset by them. Now I have a quiet kennel at the end where I can't get agitated by the other dogs. I still get upset sometimes and don't feel like doing much at all but I have my own special ball which I love to play with. The people here sometimes play with me which is lovely. I'm still a little on the skinny side because I worry so much. Some of my special friends visit sometimes and take me for walks and everyone says what a lovely boy I am. I do try so hard and if someone would give me a chance and help me then I could be the best dog ever. Lots of love Zebedee"

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-04-2010, 09:33 PM
An update on Zebedee from one of our volunteer walkers:

“Final walk of the day for me was with our star dog Zebedee.

I had such a brilliant time with him.

As usual, Zeb was jumping everywhere as I got anywhere near his kennel. His facial expression telling me "take me out please, take me out please". Of course, I couldn't resist. Zeb was very easy to get his harness on and then off we were.

I took him out for a long walk, past the paddock area, we then went past the water filtration station and carried our walk in the fields. During this time we ran, crossed bridges (funny how Zeb jumps over any metal bar across his way while Stu or Lloyd had to crawl under them! Then we stopped in the grass fields for a lie in, more cuddles and treats.

He is such an incredibly clever and friendly dog. How come did he spend the last year in kennels is beyond me.

I wish I could help him out.

See you tomorrow Zeb.

(sorry for the many pictures, but I hope they can help finding Zeb his forever home)”!

[/quote]
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >