Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 11:07 AM
Afternoon all... lovely sunny day here.
You all sound like you are going to have very productive days, me....I am going to try and sit in the garden for a little while with a book...it won't last long I am sure but it's such a beautiful day...shame not to try at least!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Similar i think Kazz but they have construction still ordering too not your little man building a local extension but the big boys.
Mark is putting in place they are not doubling handling goods so some guy wanted 700 pieces of plasterboard, that was put in the yard at the back and the guy was told he would have to load himself, which he accepted, tons of sand being ordered to. Guy with the plasterboard brought his pick up and a friend brought his along to and as Mark said it kind of defeats the object.
Mark is now putting in place his staff will not be double handling at all on big items. Staff will place it where it can be collected credentials checked customer will have to load themselves.
It isn't the quantity of customers although he has said most of it is non essential, it is the rudeness of people and them putting his staff at risk not following the social distancing rules.
He won't tolerate it nor will his manager they look after their staff they will not tolerate verbal abuse aimed at their staff either.
He siad it has gone crazy at their store.

Ditto we are not double handling its out and its yours. Trade is running separate to store here and have same policy only hub stores are delivering or making agreement for collection of bulk stock.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 11:54 AM
Just heard they might curtail our daily exercise.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 12:38 PM
Good afternoon all.

Beautiful day. Such a shame we can't all go out and enjoy it as we should, but it's nice on the garden so hey ho.

My daughter works at B&M and no matter how they try, they can't get the customers to social distance within the store. Stuff is still flying off the shelves faster than they can fill them

We've had a computer fixing morning. Gary brought his laptop and tablet and wanted them sorting.

Now, back to the garden to lap up this beautiful sunshine
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2020, 01:11 PM
Enjoy the garden griff we have just come in it is very windy.
Chris I read they are shutting 49 stores, when talking to Mark earlier he said the reason they are keeping them open is because they sell paintbrushes and paracetamol and consider those essential. Plus crisps and some food items.
The woman who apologised to him after going off on one said you couldn't get into B&M yesterday near where he works the manager closed it in the end to try to keep the staff safe.

Madness absolute madness and selfish.

Michael messaged me yesterday and said he might go mad Spain is considering keeping lock down till 26th April and even beyond that possibly.
We have found a live cam that covers parts of Madrid and the Puerto DE Sol which Michael says you can't normally see your feet is basically empty.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 02:18 PM
I didn't make it into the garden....that pair turned up again next door... music blaring in the back garden and now one of their dads has appeared...the whole family are Muppets!!!
I understand why they may ban all exercise... unfortunately, it's selfish people that are going to prolong this and I bet you anything they won't be the ones suffering the virus or losing relatives...I just can't believe how selfish some people can be!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2020, 02:29 PM
Unbelievable isn't it griff.

I do not understand what people are not understanding.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 02:34 PM
I blame the ads on tele showing things that were alright before this. Synical I know but some people see it and think it is ok to do it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 03:11 PM
Personally I think saying things are improving gives the wrong impression...yes it's improved because predominantly we have all turned into hermits lol people start mixing and getting back to normal before this is controlled...well, we are going to end up in a worse situation than before but the saying is ...you can't educate stupid! Sadly it seems true
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 03:51 PM
My daughter has been in contact. She got up this morning and could hardly stand she is so fatigued and it feels like she is swallowing glass each time she has a drink. It looks like it could be the virus but if it is I am hoping and praying it's the mild version
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >