Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2020, 06:55 AM

Daily Chat Saturday 21st March

Good morning everyone

Up and out before 6.00 am with Teazle - not a soul about just a few cars

Planning on mowing the lawn today and also have to go to the chemist to see if our prescriptions are ready.

Hope all are well and remain so

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2020, 07:40 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Have a good day stay safe and well.
God bless.

We had an accident outside our garden fence, broke a panel and knocked a street light down. There were about six police vehicles there. Shall need a report from the police to send to my landlady.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Bright and breezy here today.
Not a lot going on, Gorden going over to set up Michael and Margaret's printer up, will take our will template and see if they need help doing that, then we won't see for them for a bit unless to drop items off they might need if we can get hold of them.

Sue hope prescriptions are ready, Moyra good luck getting your police report hope your landlady works quicker on this fence than the last one.

Keep safe and well everybody and hope all four legged friends are well to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2020, 10:37 AM
Morning all
Pleased it was just the fence damaged Moyra!!!
Sue, hope you are more successful than me, I ran out of medicine, put a request in with the Dr , went online to see if it was approved......the whole lot red!!! I have only just been and seen a nurse practitioner who reset all my medication
Lynn, hope you get Michael and Margaret sorted
I was awake at 3am, got up early and went to town, queues outside the but her and Iceland, market was dead but plenty of produce and not a big price increase, apparently 2 of the supermarkets had people queueing 200 deep before 8 am....go to the market, everything you need is there, just one problem.....you can't grab it from a freezer and ping it!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2020, 01:45 PM
Good morning all

Hope you are all well

Moyra Hope the fence is repaired quickly if not get it done yourself and give her the bill.

Griff Totally with you shop small and local.

Sue Snap I was out with Gert (due to phone call) at 5am lovely been out since as well and washing blowing.

Lynn Hope Gorden gets it sorted sure he will if I don't "see" you before have a nice meal tomorrow.

Chris Is it busy by you this weekend or have they all stayed home?

Woken early by a work colleague whose son had woken to find a message from his work, the lad works with a lady whose mother has died of contra virus his lad lives with them so they are now all isolating but his wife has a cough which started yesterday when she got home from work. Most worrying I believe is the chap himself took his Moms shopping and flowers in yesterday she is 87.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2020, 04:33 PM
Gosh Kazz, hope the lad will be o.k.
Made myself soup for dinner and have enough for tomorrow too
Just dropped the iron on my tie... it's already gone a nice shade of purple
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2020, 06:12 PM
Good afternoon all.

It's still busy here unfortunately. We drove past McDonalds who are only doing drive throughs, but the outside seating was absolutely packed. The amusement arcades are still open so they are still coming . We drive to a very quiet lake. We saw 3 people this morning and everyone was distancing as much as possible. I hope no one else thinks to go there because it's lovely to walk around.

With how irresponsible people are being, I can see us being on full lock down next week
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2020, 06:37 PM
It appears that it was a hit and run that damaged our fencing, one concrete post broken and two panels. Steve has tried to patch t up as best he can but landlady says she cannot do anything until it is dealt with by the insurers. We even got onto the police for the incident no for her and she had the cheek to ask us to send her photos of the damage. I should imagine the car responsible that crashed into the one that overturned and hit the lamp post was probably stolen. Cos the buggers just done a runner.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Gosh Kazz, hope the lad will be o.k.
Made myself soup for dinner and have enough for tomorrow too
Just dropped the iron on my tie... it's already gone a nice shade of purple
Thanks and Wow a purple Iron,.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2020, 11:09 PM
Lol.... actually it is purple!! But now my toe matches it, flipping sore
Moyra, yeah...most likely pinched or uninsured and unregistered
Chris, all the places here have removed the seating... outside seating is obstructed
I have had my first Corona isolation party....my mates little girl had a cough so to be safe, she has stayed in...4 kids the youngest are 2 and 3 the oldest 8, how she is not rocking in a corner I don't know! It was quite good fun, just involved us drinking and whatsapping pictures, I sent a video of my bedroom in full disco glory, the kids loved it so I have said they can have my spare disco bulb...40 years old having a disco in my bedroom to entertain kids in isolation...I am deffo no Vera Lynn! I made them laugh so all's good
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >