Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2020, 07:36 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 15th March, 2020

Good morning all, trust you and your four legged friends are all well. Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2020, 08:29 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Bit dull here not sure if it going to rain. Hope not I have a machine full of coloureds going round.
2 years today since we lost Gill.

Michael sent a video from Madrid all the residents cheering and clapping their Dr's and nurses who are all working overtime. Amazing to hear.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2020, 09:07 AM
Two years that has gone incredibly fast, doesn't seem possible. Painful memories Lynn. My sympathies are with you. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2020, 09:33 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hugs Lynn. Those two years have gone very quickly.

Wet over night by dry when I got up. Typically though had started my walk when the rain started. Had to dry Teazle with the hairdryer

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2020, 09:55 AM
Thank you Moyra and Sue, not quite as painful as last year nd guess as time goes on the sadness will lessen.
It has gone quick but funny thing is Friday I drove that way to Essex and it was vivid in my mind the last time Gorden drove myself and Michael and Margaret to see Gill. We thought we would get another visit in and had agreed with her we would go over the next week alas that didn't happen.
Michael and I were saying last night on the phone to each other in a way it is good she isn't here nor mum or dad with this virus going on, they would of found it hard and it would of probably been their demise. Gill because the cancer dad lung cancer, mum the sarcoidosis which affected her lungs, plus telling mum we weren't allowed to visit would of her laying the law down I am sure.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2020, 10:43 AM
good morning everyone

It is literally tipping it down here had the majority of the night I think too as got up for the loo at 4 and pouring down then - thinking thank God not in work this morning and got back into bed. LOL
Waiting for another gap in the weather then off out again with Gert round the block. Work this evening should of being having the store meeting but cancelled however have organised my week around it so going in and generally working.
No great plans other than that of plans for dinner had a lovely steak last night but nothing planned for today but sure will be nice "put together ones" are the nicest often.

Lynn My thoughts are with you and your family. Good on your lad and his neighbours not sure here we have the same "lockdown" mentality yet. We shall see what progresses although hard to take in really the scale of the issue.

Sue Opps caught in the rain never mind warm and toasty again now I hope.

Moyra Stay safe and warm how is Steve getting on working in other peoples homes - needs to be careful coming home to you.

Chris Sure you will find somewhere nice and wow 50 hope you have a great day maybe a walk somewhere out to blow the cobwebs away. I wonder how many people will be staycations this year or of people will simply stay home full stop.

Griff Suspect your weather is similar to mine and considering building an ark LOL

Have to say I agree with Lynn saying to my cousin and my sister glad (wrong word but you know what I mean) Mom Dad and my Aunt are not here the worry could of been too much for them, and for us would be overwhelming and difficult. So a selfish reason I suppose although not meant as such.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2020, 12:36 PM
He's turning work down Kazz as he is scared for himself as well as for me. He has a bad chest.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Selfish for the right reasons I think Kazz.
Michael was supposed to have a wisdom tooth out Thursday it has given him gyp for years but they wouldn't remove it due to the nerve.
It has now after all these years grown out sideways and away from the nerve and bone enough to be removed, he says he is not expecting to get it done due to the strain on the medical situation in Madrid same as all over.
He was quite annoyed with a friend who suggested it's a conspiracy theory from the government's.
Michael told him he was selfish and should only go out if necessary so the people who need the medical care get it.
He will get antibiotics if he has issues with his tooth as he always has had to till the situation is back under control if they decide it is not high enough priority for them to extract it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-03-2020, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Had to dry Teazle with the hairdryer

Made me laugh, I could not do that with Bruno, he's not aggressive but he let's you know when grooming him if he's not happy and definately wouldn't try the hair dryer on him

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
but funny thing is Friday I drove that way to Essex and it was vivid in my mind the last time Gorden drove myself and Michael and Margaret to see Gill.

There will always be certain memories that stay with you Lynn. The two years have passed quickly.

Hope everyone and all the doggies are well today.

I'm not bothered at all about 'self isolating' because I have to do this anyway with the chemo regime which knocks my immune system out for about a week.

Can't remember the last time I attended a big sporting event or the cinema, or anything where there was a lot of people. We have plenty going on at home and so long as the delivery firms keep going I shall be happy.

Bye for now, see you soon
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2020, 02:16 PM
You never know Lynn they may do his tooth. Prevention in health is often better than the next stage.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >