Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Just heard that on the telly mate.

Does that mean BBC will stop showing his Friday night show ?
I guess so, I think it means all his projects.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Just heard that on the telly mate.

Does that mean BBC will stop showing his Friday night show ?
He was supposed to be filming Friday's episode yesterday. It was cancelled.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Jonathan Ross has been suspended for 12wks without pay. Good to see mob rule is still alive and kicking in the UK
But the "mob" pays their TV license fee and the BBC should be accountable to the "mob".
He is lucky to get away with that IMO. But does that mean he looses a portion of his pay or does he keep that regardless?

For goodness sake Jonathan Ross is a 47 year old man - he should know far, far better. It was just another chance for him to massage his ego, showing off with Russell Brand and unfortunately it went very wrong.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
So are you saying that because i disagree with your point of view and/or just don't get your logic, i am not being genuine?
Therefore my position cannot be equally 'real' to yours?

When i say I am being serious, it is because I am being serious, and when I say I dont get your logic, that is because I dont get your logic.
I never speak in code.
Fair enough, you have now explained that you are aware that just because the news doesnt feature bad events in the world, doesnt mean they arent going on, but do you honestly believe that there is ?
What about the other stories that were second, third, fourth billing on New At Ten when they featured Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand as first billing.
For example, we have the recession, War in Congo, Afghanistan?
What about all the wars still going on that the news doesn't run as the aren't fashionable to feature at the moment?
What about the story buried very deeply that there was another melting of the ice cap?
Are you seriously saying that all of that "pales into insignificance" compared to the JR/RB story?
And therefore those events have less magnitude in terms of news broadcasting worthiness and public importance compared to the JR/RB story?
Really? Or have i misunderstood you somewhere along the way?

I have just listened to the youtube clip. In comedy terms, it wasnt all that.
Although i do usually find both of them funny and entertaining.
I don't care if they get censured for being rude and crossing the line.
But it doesn't warrant sacking.
And it has been blown out of all proportion.
If everyone was really respecting Mr Andrew Sachs, it would be left alone know, as he has asked.
So my points are that ALL parties in this affair have shown disregard for Andrew Sachs equal to JR/RB.
And are more motivated by self-interest:
1) ITV sticking it to BBC, their main competitor.
2) The Sun making sales about sleaze and crude even though that is their bread and butter.
3) The granddaughter making money, getting famous, and speaking sleeze and crudity whilst aparrently complaining about sleeze and crudity.
4) Politicians trying to get cheap votes when they have better things to do.

And The Great British Public complaining public?

Well, this is just another example of the infamous media/celebrity led sheep mentality thats been going on for years.

Hear Hear!!!!

i've just seen the youtube vid and i really cant see what all the fuss is about.
its been blown out of all proportion.

if every girl complained about an ex's behaviour would their bosses sack them. NO!
so why have these two been punished?
because the silly cow wants publicity and money. unfortunatly she will/is getting all she wants.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
But the "mob" pays their TV license fee and the BBC should be accountable to the "mob".
He is lucky to get away with that IMO. But does that mean he looses a portion of his pay or does he keep that regardless?

For goodness sake Jonathan Ross is a 47 year old man - he should know far, far better. It was just another chance for him to massage his ego, showing off with Russell Brand and unfortunately it went very wrong.
Yes, and there is 1000s of other license fee payers who think its been blown out of proportion. The same mob who didnt listen to the show, and alot of them wont have even seen any of and are going off quotes in newspapers.

It did go wrong, but the fact still reamains he and brand wrote letters of apology to andrew sachs, which he has said he is happy with, that in my opinion and alot of others should have been and end of it. But no, thats not good enough for the gutter press in this country and they havent had a story for a long time(they ignore real issues).

Also for people like Gordon Brown, "Dave" Cameron and other idiot MPs making it into something its not is imo disgraceful, these men are elected to run the country and to spend time and engery debating a non-issuse when there is many more pressing issues around is pathetic.

Once again I dont have much time for Ross or Brand but the crap they have come in for is out of order.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
[/COLOR]

Hear Hear!!!!

i've just seen the youtube vid and i really cant see what all the fuss is about.
its been blown out of all proportion.

if every girl complained about an ex's behaviour would their bosses sack them. NO!
so why have these two been punished?
because the silly cow wants publicity and money. unfortunatly she will/is getting all she wants.
Initially this issue is nothing to do with the girl. The call was made to her elderly grandfather and got more and more offensive to him and that is what I am offended about.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Initially this issue is nothing to do with the girl. The call was made to her elderly grandfather and got more and more offensive to him and that is what I am offended about.
You are offended, even though the person it happened to has no problems with it or them now, seems to me if he can forgive and forget the rest of the near 30,000 should do to and if it did cause him undue distress do the media think keeping it in the headlines is going to help? No but sod him while they are selling papers.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 09:35 PM

but how many times did they ring back and say sorry. 2 if i heard right. plus they have both since appologised, its still not a sackable offence.

why are you offended? did you listen to the show or have you just jumped on the bandwagon too?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

30-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Just put the radio on again to drive out the noise of damn fireworks and they are just starting to discuss this!

As prank calls go it was pretty poor - theres much better out there

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CPKqCgdLpDE
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I think it's all gone completely mad! The grand daughter is getting all the publicity and probably getting paid for it, which is why she's caused such a stink, Sachs has accepted two written apologies and flowers from JR and RB and has said he doesn't want to take it any further.

JR and RB are known for their sense of humour and I for one love watching them and hopefully will continue once all this fuss is over.

Such a shame it had to come to this.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >